Show Us Your Non- Warwick Bass Then!

Bademeister

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
New bass day: this is a Mayones BE Gothic Custom from 2009. It has a mahogany neck with maple fingerboard, the body is amazakoe (which seems to be the same as ovangkol?). As you can see, it is passive with just one pickup very close to the bridge. Together with the black Rotosound flats, it has a very distinctive, almost jazzy sound. But I guess with other strings and some pedals, it can also live up to it‘s gothic name. Do you know other basses with such a pickup configuration?

088CD312-8C55-4E88-9F45-D0607FBAF4B1.jpeg

Reaction score
New bass day: this is a Mayones BE Gothic Custom from 2009. It has a mahogany neck with maple fingerboard, the body is amazakoe (which seems to be the same as ovangkol?). As you can see, it is passive with just one pickup very close to the bridge. Together with the black Rotosound flats, it has a very distinctive, almost jazzy sound. But I guess with other strings and some pedals, it can also live up to it‘s gothic name. Do you know other basses with such a pickup configuration?

View attachment 22110
Looks great

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just been looking at half the online shops in Europe again.
I do not want another bass. My stock (up to around 3k euro) is way better then theirs.

Bademeister

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Jens
Just been looking at half the online shops in Europe again.
I do not want another bass. My stock (up to around 3k euro) is way better then theirs.

This sounds dangerous. Turn off your Internet immediately

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Nice bass :)
No wonder why DiMarco likes it, it has the same PU-config as his HyperJazz ^^

Top Bottom