Show Us Your Non- Warwick Bass Then!

Reaction score
Ive had my Eye on a Tobias Growler for a while, also with a single humbucker.
Are they good?

Reaction score
Ive had my Eye on a Tobias Growler for a while, also with a single humbucker.
Are they good?

Try before buy

There not for everyone and my understanding is fit and finish can vary wildly. Asymmetrical neck as well.

Reaction score
I really like mine.
I would buy a fretless one if that was ever a chance.

Luc67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is that a green sax to the right? :D

DSCN6026.jpg

Something like that !!!

Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Finally and old Ibanez back in the house.
I used to have its bigger brother, the SR06. Almost identical, but ash body with different bridge (in gold). Don't know why I sold that one, but this is back.
52mm with 20mm stringspacing, almost identical to Warwick Broadneck.

This is the first SR886 or SR06 i've seen for sale in Netherlands since I sold mine in 2015, so I jumped on it.

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Finally and old Ibanez back in the house.
I used to have its bigger brother, the SR06. Almost identical, but ash body with different bridge (in gold). Don't know why I sold that one, but this is back.
52mm with 20mm stringspacing, almost identical to Warwick Broadneck.

This is the first SR886 or SR06 i've seen for sale in Netherlands since I sold mine in 2015, so I jumped on it.
Well this is one massive nut o_O

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
OK so yesterday I picked up the Yamaha JP1... Here's pics.
The body is a nice wafer of striped maple, swamp ash, alder, striped maple with what seems to be ebony veneer in between the layers. This to me looks RADICAL!
The thin profile neck is a 3 ply maple with ebony fretboard. Unlike some people on the internet said, the pickups are not noisy at all. Controls are vol, bal, bass, treb and a three way mids contour switch which has flat, slap contour and mid boost modes. You can fine tune those two contour modes inside the preamp cavity using wheels and trimpots.

The strings it came with are quite old so I ordered a pack of Fodera custom steels at Thomann which will arrive in approx 2 days time. For now I have fixed the intonation on it (most bassists do not bother intonating their bass it seems) and set up the action to my likings aka as low as possible.

It plays really smooth and is quite responsive. Although I think the strings that are on it right now are probably thinner gauge then usual because bending them feels too easy and light so I won't be able to fully judge the sound coming from it until the new strings are on. But anyway so far so good, it sounds really nice and does have a bit of growl as is.

Yam1.jpg

Yam2.jpg

Yam3.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I was given this Pbass today. For free. Gratis.

Headstock says "Wagenvoort - hand crafted made in Holland".
Anyone know this brand? I ain't never heard of it! :)

Anyway, lovely birdseye neck, striped body. Seems to be an all Maple thing. EMG pups, Badass (original!) bridge, Schaller tuners. The bass is heavy but oozes quality.
I have not yet plugged it in. The strings on it are at least two decades old.

EDIT: THIS IS A STOLEN BASS!

I contacted the builder Bert Wagenvoort, and posted a pic on FB. Turned out the original owner is someone I know through Facebook! Arjan is picking her up tomorrow. It was stolen from him 28 years ago, he has pics to prove it. Of course, there wasn't any doubt in my mind to hand it back to him.

Wagenvoort1.jpg

Wagenvoort2.jpg

Wagenvoort3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom