=The Warwick Thumb Club=

Afterwards it got its Oil+Wax care and now shines in a new light

20240208_221009.jpg
20240208_221023.jpg
20240214_201154.jpg


I'm particularly pleasantly surprised at how good the TwinJazz pickup sounds. I wouldn't have thought that the pickup positions would sound so versatile, even though the pickups are so close to each other.
 
Very cool story and refin back to it's (maybe?) original form. Super cool Thumb, and fantastic collection!
 
Warwick JD Thumb Bass NT4

Hello everyone.
I bought this beauty in 1991 (2nd hand and with a lot of savings).
It was my first "real bass".
In 1996 I stopped using it for gigs and since then I only use it in the studio (or at home).
It still works perfectly and, over the years, I have only replaced the jack socket and the strap-locks (the part that attaches to the belt, not the ones on the bass).
All in all it is fine and has aged much better than me :)
Not being a great expert on woods I was wondering if any of you could give me some more information.
Thanks in advance.
Max
 

Attachments

  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 122
Warwick JD Thumb Bass NT4

Hello everyone.
I bought this beauty in 1991 (2nd hand and with a lot of savings).
It was my first "real bass".
In 1996 I stopped using it for gigs and since then I only use it in the studio (or at home).
It still works perfectly and, over the years, I have only replaced the jack socket and the strap-locks (the part that attaches to the belt, not the ones on the bass).
All in all it is fine and has aged much better than me :)
Not being a great expert on woods I was wondering if any of you could give me some more information.
Thanks in advance.
Max
That should be a bubinga body, with a neckthrough bubinga-wenge laminated neck, and a wenge fretboard
Congratulations for the keeper !
 
I’ve only become a member of the thumb club recently. I remember back when I was somewhere in my early 20s, may even have been late teens, seeing a green Vester thumb copy in ABC music in Oxford (I think) and listing after it.

I’m still playing, and fast forward to 2022 - I find a truly beautiful thumb 5 NT, and realise it’s one of the sounds I simply can’t get with the basses I have.

As it turned out, the flame on the body on this one is just stunning. I waxed it last night, fresh D’addario XL 135s - I modded the tailpiece to accept the string, works great - and this thing is a monster.

She’s a 2001, brass nut, all original and is amazing condition. That tone! Cuts through anything, so expressive. Every time I play it I remember that kid looking at the Vester.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 156
Wonderful bass, and what a nice story to have.
Do you have pictures of that green vester? :D
 
First string change since I've owned the baby girl.
I'd bought some Dr black beauties last year, shelved them and forgot all about them until this morning 😝 that was a nice surprise.
I'm practicing this aft and I'm looking forward to hearing them through the rig☝️😎
IMG_20250518_114702.jpg
IMG_20250518_114711_edit_2150931842199535.jpg
 
Hi!

When I look at pictures of brandnew thumbs, I can't see the arching of the body on the front and backside.
Do the new thumbs have a flat body?

This would be aweful because the arched body has defined the identity of the instrument.

Can someone who has already had a new thumb in their hands confirm this?
 
The teambuilt/masterbuilt ones seem to have an arched body, but the Pro Series looks like a flat slab body. I’ve been wondering about it myself, but I’m not completely sure. I’m sure someone here has the answer.
 
I think it’s the lighting in the photograph. It’s too flat and not at the right angle to show the arch clearly. I’m pretty sure the one in that photo is arched. I could be wrong though.
 
Back
Top