Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by FunkyMan, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Skitzn

Skitzn

T
    Thanks mate ☺️ I’ll post the pics once they arrive and then I’ll install
    How gd are these basses lads tone for days!

bassment73 likes this.
  2. bassment73

bassment73

Yep, can't agree more on 'tone for days'. In fact at this moment in time I only own 3 basses and all of them are Streamer LX's! This is because I've found them to be the most versatile for my needs and believe me I've owned over 75 basses in the 30 years I've been playing bass. One of my fretted LX's has roundwounds, the other fretted has flatwounds and my fretless has rounds (for more 'mwah'). Between the 3 of them I've been able to cover all of the sounds that I've needed to. I mainly play fingerstyle, but also play a fair amount using a pick or slap.

Will be good to see your pics of your bass with shiny new hardware :)

Rehan and Skitzn like this.
  3. Skitzn

Skitzn

H
    wow! Man! You have 3!? Would love to see some pics of your Queens bruz! and that many basses! ‘Drooling’ be only got the one but dam I’ve loved her since I first got a hold

4. bassment73

bassment73

No worries. About time I posted some pics , will sort something soon :)

Skitzn likes this.
  5. bassment73

bassment73

Here you go buddy. Here's my 3 Streamer LX's in a bit of action! Excuse the crappy webcam and sloppy fretless playing near the end (don't play much fretless typically) :)

6. Skitzn

Skitzn

Holy cow! Dam man! Nice basses! And even nicer playing!!! Mate that is so legit bruz! nothing sloppy about any of that playing! Just wow man,those tones! So do you have a YouTube channel?do you do tutorials? Lol I’d love to know how to be able to get tones like that and further my techniques.
    That was great to watch man,I appreciate that so much Mate

7. bassment73

bassment73

No worries mate, glad you liked. No I didn't have anything up on YouTube channel until yesterday! Not really gone in for the videoing my playing thing before to be fair and don't do any tutorials - not sure I'd be all that good a teacher!

Ah the endless 'pursuit of tone'. That's probably why I've been through so many basses, but kind of settled on Warwick Streamers in the last few years. For a good 5 year period at one point I only ever played Fender Precisions - still love them, but overall a Streamer LX can do more for me. I've always been into music production from about the age of 13 (and I'm 47 now) so I've always thought like 'how do I get the tone on this track etc?' Plus most of the bands I have played in have been covers bands playing a wide range of material, so I've tended to need 1 or 2 basses that can get a wide palette of tones. The other thing I like about Streamers is the playing comfort and they just seem to work for me. I love the sound of Stingrays and have owned a couple in the past but just never seemed to enjoy playing them live for some reason. My 'mock stingray' tone on a Streamer if I needed one would be bridge pickup with a bit of low-end boost and some compression to keep things tight - gets at least some of the way there.

Recording wise (and same for the video you saw) my signal path is bass into Radial DI box -15db pad, then into Tascam US-122 MK2 USB audio interface into PC. Then I use either IKM Ampltitube 4 or Toontrack EZ-Mix for tone presets like amp modelling, compression, EQ etc. There's plenty of presets for bass to play around with in these. The Ampeg SVX collection for Amplitube is pretty good. Generally what I've found for a good bass tone is often what is going on in the mid frequencies as this is where a lot of that character/growl whatever you want to call it tends to come through.

Technique wise I've just played a lot of styles over the years from rock, heavy alt rock, funk, pop, jazz and I've always had the ethos of playing the way that the song needs, rather than imposing one rigid bass playing style on everything. I'm most at home playing fingerstyle funk, but in some bands I've played solely with a pick and with a bit of dirt on my sound, because that's what worked best. I think we learn a lot more this way and we get to understand a bit more about tone and technique.

Anyway, that's my boring essay over with. This unfortunate Covid-19 lockdown has meant that the funk band I had recently formed (bass, guitar, drums & sax) can't play together, but we have done a bit of collaborative jamming by building up a couple of tracks sending on a mix to each other so that we can add our bits in DAW. Still keeps things going until such time as we can actually meet up and play in a stuffy rehearsal room!

Enough waffling from me. Take care and stay safe :)

RIP, Bademeister, Rehan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gnermo

Gnermo

9. BrusselsBass

BrusselsBass Supporting Member

Ulrich
    OMG, just take away the bass from the chap; does he know what he's doing? At least he was able to change the strings in 13:36 mins....

Stewart Ross and Rehan like this.
  10. Gnermo

Gnermo

Dave is a pro, he does explain what he doesn't like and why so i dont fault him for it.

11. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Reacted to the video. He's not a pro he's a whiney old man stuck in the past.

Stewart Ross, Rehan and bassment73 like this.
  12. bassment73

bassment73

Couldn't agree more.

Rehan likes this.
  13. Rehan

Rehan

Rehan
    New Streamer day! I’m very excited as I haven’t owned a fretless since the mid-nineties. It’s a 2009 Streamer Jazzman in near mint condition.

A68242F0-06D3-4793-A633-87B6BF0CED68.jpeg 6DB7C625-1892-44D5-A1A2-C88E9487AE76.jpeg 090D0745-C6C9-42F1-B3D8-EA062042F298.jpeg

Stewart Ross, Hoggles, Luc67 and 7 others like this.
  14. Hardy

Hardy Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Damn nice!

RIP and Rehan like this.
  15. BrusselsBass

BrusselsBass Supporting Member

Ulrich
    That's the one I'm missing :rolleyes:

RIP and Rehan like this.
  16. Luc67

Luc67 Supporting Member

Absolutly gorgeous !

Rehan likes this.
  17. Rehan

Rehan

Rehan
    :D

Thanks guys! I jammed with my brother on guitar last night and I am really loving this bass! :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    bassment73 and Hardy like this.
  18. Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Hi all,

A few days ago I picked up a GPS Streamer CV. I replaced the tedur Just-A-Nut III with the brass version and swapped the pickguard. Needless to say, the bass plays great!

cv.jpg
    I’ve also included a recent photo of my LX5 for the benefit of the ‘Say No to Gold Hardware' Committee ;).

IMG_0570.jpg

Hoggles, bassment73, Luc67 and 4 others like this.
  19. bassment73

bassment73

That's a lovely LX5. Is that a custom shop option? Almost looks like Afzelia! Certainly not the usual flamed maple.

Rehan likes this.
  20. Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Yes, exactly right. I love the look of the SSII, so opted to go with the afzelia body and gold hardware. If you're interested, you can search for "Streamer LX - #13-2330" to see the photos on Warwick's website.

Rehan, Hardy and bassment73 like this.