Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by FunkyMan, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Skitzn

Skitzn

Hey gents,I have a question on maintenance I’ve performed on my 09 jazzman streamer lx,now I’ve replaced the original machine heads with gotoh ones as the Warwick ones will no longer seat and as this bass has had very little to no playing performed on it,have I done the right thing? Lol ‘I believe the Warwick machine heads are trash quality’ very disappointed

2. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

You did the right thing. Don't be too disappointed, it's a known issue for tuners from that time period. They were indeed crap. Feel good in knowing you now have a superior set on there. I imagine you installed the GB707's. Great tuners.

Skitzn likes this.
  3. Hardy

Hardy Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Even Warwick doesn’t use them anymore for the Masterbuilt series.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Skitzn and Stainless like this.
  4. Skitzn

Skitzn

Awesome! ☺️ and yep,those are the ones,such a higher quality And better look aswell

Stainless likes this.
  5. Skitzn

Skitzn

I’m so glad to hear that,this bass was over $5200 when I bought it back in 09,best basses ever I feel better knowing I’ve done it right

6. Hardy

Hardy Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

I ordered my BuzzTard with Hipshot Ultralites. The Warwick tuners are a weak point, we read about broken tuners very often.

Skitzn likes this.
  7. Skitzn

Skitzn

Nice one! I’m so happy I’m on the right track with this sort of stuff,and thank you guys for confirming that I am ☺️I’ve taken the bridge,tail piece and saddles off and getting them re-plated today ☺️

Hardy likes this.
  8. Skitzn

Skitzn

Hey gents,hope everyone is doing well ☺️I have a question,I took my saddles and other hard ware off to get re-plated some months back ‘took ages’ just got them back and....they’ve been plated to much and will no longer seat or accommodate the string holders so I’m just gonna buy some new ones,my question is,do I purchase ‘narrow neck’ or broad neck’ saddles?
    rest of the parts came out amazing Though ‘bitter sweet’ cheers guys
    Bass is ‘09 jazzman streamer lx 5string’

9. bassment73

bassment73

Definitely not 'broad neck' - standard 16.5mm spacing on your 5 string.

Rehan likes this.
  10. Skitzn

Skitzn

D9D5A340-A212-4C7D-9F98-33C59FB3D626.jpeg 060DC240-F22B-499E-9067-A8F24F71CBFC.jpeg Ok gents I need some more advice,looks like I need to order a new bridge as my newly ordered ‘saddles’ will not fit ☹️ The bridge was replated and let’s just say nothing fits anymore so my question is which one am I ordering? I’ve got 5 new ‘narrow neck’ saddles,my bass is an 09 streamer lx jazzman,I’ll post picks of the replated bridge with this msg,cheers guys. 6A1B8BF9-9597-4261-97B0-0BF1E0371A5E.jpeg

11. warwickhunt

warwickhunt

I may be able to sell you a 5 string bridge assembly, if you don't have to have brand new! If so, let me know the actual dimensions you need and I'll measure up.

Skitzn likes this.
  12. Skitzn

Skitzn

I
    appreciate that mate,I don’t mind buying brand new,id prefer it,I’m just not sure which to buy? Do you know what that bridge is in the pics? Cheers again ☺️

13. warwickhunt

warwickhunt

I'm not up on the different 5 string bridges with the broadneck (or not) and the later variations in materials and sizes.
    Most of my basses are 'vintage' and the bridge is pretty much one size/shape. I had this 5 string bridge due to a very bad description when I bought it... how anyone can sell a 5 string bridge assembly but describe it as a 4 string is crazy! :/

Skitzn likes this.
  14. Skitzn

Skitzn

Oh man! Sorry to hear about that! Yeah some people are just abit out there
    I’m just not sure if Mine is a 2 piece 3D bridge or a fishmsn bridge set up,I cant find info anywhere to get the right info I need and Also its made of brass?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  15. bassment73

bassment73

Hi there. Must be frustrating!

Pretty sure this is the beast you will need as a complete unit: https://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_bridge_30126_5g.htm

I don't think they have changed the bridge dimensions since 2009, but maybe worth just checking return policy first. The standard bridges are cast and not sure what alloy they are made of. The W custom-shop bridges are however CNC routed from a solid piece of brass, weigh a tonne and cost a small fortune 415 Euros: https://shop.warwick.de/en/parts-fo...1564882613A1896-D0486619001399653720A7&c=3533

Hope this helps.

Skitzn likes this.
  16. Skitzn

Skitzn

Thanks for your reply man ☺️ I’m not sure if mine is a cast or a bronze bridge,it was $5,200 Australian when I bought it in 09 ‘it’s an 09 model’ I would think the bridge would be brass? I just don’t want to put an inferior Product on my bass and be like dam,I just de valued it lol
    Any thoughts?

17. bassment73

bassment73

Pretty sure the solid brass bridges didn't come out until around 2013 or so and they only appear on the masterbuilt/custom-shop models. I think yours will be the cast model, but if someone else could chime in if they know more? You could always send your serial number to Warwick. They are pretty quick at getting back with the details of your bass including all the hardware etc. FWIW the standard cast bridges are in no way inferior.

Skitzn likes this.
  18. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Your bridge is not brass. Easiest way to tell the difference other than year & weight...is spotting those cast marks. The little circles in each slot. Brass bridges won't have those. They'll just have tiny swirls where the bit was grinding.

As @bassment73 correctly mentions, '13 was the year they switched backed to brass after a long hiatus from the early years of brass back in the eighties and early 90's. They used some seriously questionable hardware for a long stretch. JAN2 anyone :rolleyes:.

The new brass bridges are ever so slightly larger than the cast ones. I recently put one in a Streamette...and had to sand a tiny amount of the pocket to get it in. Keep that in mind.

19. Skitzn

Skitzn

Appreciate the feedback guys and yes you both are right ☺️ It’s definitely a cast bridge,I’ve ordered a new one + tail piece,looks like I wasted $200 on getting the originals re plated, lesson learnt,thanks again guys happy playing

Hoggles and bassment73 like this.
  20. bassment73

bassment73

Hope you get your new bridge and tail piece soon. Enjoy!

Skitzn likes this.