Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
Awaiting this beauty...

new.jpg

Reaction score
Just unboxed and am rather gobsmacked- though the case has the tear in the cover as pictured in the Reverb listing, there’s not a flaw on the bass itself!

IMG_6106.jpeg

There is no missing paint on the headstock, the only thing missing was the barked area on the lower corner!

IMG_6103.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

Reaction score
It sounds great! It resonates well acoustically and sounds good when plugged in. While the neck pickup hearks back to the typically dark Gibson sound, the bridge pickup is quite toppy with a lot of articulation and makes for a good blend with the neck pickup.

The neck is very comfortable and the action is very easy to play.
Another cool thing is the case candy
included a nifty little multi-tool.

IMG_6109.jpeg

The only blemish I know of that would make it a B-stock item is on the case seen here- but that’s what a case is for- speaking of which it is heavy to lug around although the bass itself is light.

IMG_6107.jpeg

Reaction score
Got this for work at a friend’s studio-
A Hercules HCGS-525B and three extra yokes and stoppers for thin electric instruments- can actually accommodate up to ten skinny instruments if there are no acoustic or hollow bodies.

I also like that it folds up when not in use-

IMG_6138.png

IMG_6141.png

Reaction score
These just arrived.

Before I step into a studio or in any kind of jam session, ear plugs go in first.

I’ve had a pair of Hearos in my gig pouch for the longest and used to have a set of Earasers in a keychain fob that kept on me at all times.

Problem with the Earasers fob was that kept getting unscrewed in my pocket, and I eventually lost one. The other thing is they started get oily over time.

I looked up a review listing the best earplugs for musicians for 2023 and came up with these top rated ones by Bollsen. For 16.99 apiece, I bought three as opposed to the number two slot earplugs going for $199.

Review here. 5 Best Earplugs For Musicians | What Are The Most Effective?

IMG_6142.jpeg

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
DCX bass arrived. While it can do bass OD it is not just that. It makes your bass blend better in the mix by adding some harmonics magic happening in mostly the midrange frequencies.
This is kinda what I bought the Wren&Cuff Phat Phuk for as well... I am always looking for a means to make the bass gell better in the mix with guitars.

But then why add the DCX? While the Phat Phuk does its job very well with passive basses, it does add more dirt to the lowest frequencies than it does to the mids and highs when using an active bass.
The DCX produces a more even tone across the spectrum so my highs and lows are getting an equal dose of harmonic saturation or dirt while playing. When using basses like the Sonus, SS2 or NYC Empire this simply yields better results than other on-the-edge-of-breakup pedals I have.

I always have my compressor as the first pedal in my chain in order to not choke any dirt pedal when hitting the low B.

I use the DCX with just a tiny hint of dirt going on, as an always on pedal. For full blown overdrive or distortion there are better options I have in my arsenal of pedals. So far I am impressed with how it sounds.

Edit: added pic.

dcxtest.jpg

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Diamond ceased to exist some time ago, but Solid Gold FX (also Canadian) bought the brand and intellectual property. They continue the Diamond line of fx pedals as true to the originals as they can (with some extra knobs here n there)... But they're not the originals.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My wife demands a red bass on the wall. My red Warwicks are too valuable for the place. So I ordered this lipstick red Ibanez! I will play it too ofc, I already own the 6 string in black and it is a good bass for a very fair price!

Screenshot (56).png

Top Bottom