Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Waiting for your Impressions on it.
OK, so I've had the pedal for about 45 minutes, so this is VERY preliminary. That said, I know the old ME-50B like the back of my hand, so making a preliminary comparison is at least a little meaningful.

I would say that in the old unit, the weakest spots were the dirt section, the envelope filters, and the compressors. All are massively improved in the new unit. I was getting a wonderfully tight slap tone with the D-Comp setting. The phaser and chorus also sound better. I also have to say that the octaver more or less nails the OC-2 sound, something the old unit couldn't really do.

It's complex and techy, but I had no trouble getting sounds out of it right out of the box. I haven't cracked the manual yet, but will do that next.

I may do a thread with sound clips once I get more familiar with the unit.

I'm quite impressed so far.

Reaction score
Actually I just picked it up from the office-

IMG_6402.jpeg

After spending quite some time trying to figure why my Flying V didn’t sound right when touching up my previous tuning to drop D with my Boss TU-2 (didn’t notice at first the little LED to the bottom right indicating D sharp). So I got my Thunderbird with its Hipshot Xyender set for D and compared the notes. It turned that all the strings were sharp except for the B and first E string.

So this was at a friend’s studio where my previous tunings were with his Petersen Strobo Stomps. So I decided to get one of my osn, even I finally figured out what was going on with the TU-2.

I however really like my NS-2 Noise Suppressor which really keeps things quiet-

Just as an aside- some of those chords I was playing with the wrong tuning sounding pretty cool- but alas I can’t remember them!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
John Beck
Actually I just picked it up from the office-

View attachment 26664

After spending quite some time trying to figure why my Flying V didn’t sound right when touching up my previous tuning to drop D with my Boss TU-2 (didn’t notice at first the little LED to the bottom right indicating D sharp). So I got my Thunderbird with its Hipshot Xyender set for D and compared the notes. It turned that all the strings were sharp except for the B and first E string.

So this was at a friend’s studio where my previous tunings were with his Petersen Strobo Stomps. So I decided to get one of my osn, even I finally figured out what was going on with the TU-2.

I however really like my NS-2 Noise Suppressor which really keeps things quiet-

Just as an aside- some of those chords I was playing with the wrong tuning sounding pretty cool- but alas I can’t remember them!
Loves my StroboStomp!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
You ordered both? 😁 Classic Hardy stuff.

I like the Pearl White finish, btw.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
You like the white one, as it was intended in the first place with the original Japan Boxer.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I played them both and it is as it is. Instruments are a question of mojo, feeling, inspiration, GAS... both basses sound nearly the same, the black one has a bit less treble and more bottom end. Don´t ask me why. But when I play the black one it just feels wrong. I´m a Warwick player. The black one is something to me that we in Germany call "falsche Baustelle", the wrong place to be. And the white one? Works for me! No feeling of disturbance. Henry is right, I am biased. There is already someting in my head that tells me I´m doing right. And I still prefer the white one even though the input jack quit this morning. The two basses were b-stock. I will send them back both and order a new one. In pearl white. ;)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I played them both and it is as it is. Instruments are a question of mojo, feeling, inspiration, GAS... both basses sound nearly the same, the black one has a bit less treble and more bottom end. Don´t ask me why. But when I play the black one it just feels wrong. I´m a Warwick player. The black one is something to me that we in Germany call "falsche Baustelle", the wrong place to be. And the white one? Works for me! No feeling of disturbance. Henry is right, I am biased. There is already someting in my head that tells me I´m doing right. And I still prefer the white one even though the input jack quit this morning. The two basses were b-stock. I will send them back both and order a new one. In pearl white. ;)
Interesting how two instruments with same pups, same neck, same hardware, only different body colour, sound different, or at least you found a very noticeable difference.

IMO, the white sounds better because it's white
... 😁

Top Bottom