=The Warwick Dolphin Club=

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I never saw an ovankol body with a wenge neck!

Usually Warwick would use Ovankol for both neck and body !

Spezifikationen Dolphin Pro I 4 String

Matched Headstock: ---
Machineheads: Schaller Machine Heads with wooden knobs
Nut: Just-A-Nut III Brass
Neck Wood: Wenge neck with maple veneer stripes, 3 lamination
Fretboard: Wenge fingerboard (fretted), Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard (fretless)

Inlay: Dolphin Inlays
(...)
Body Shape: Curved Body Shape
Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Ovangkol body
Pickups: Active MEC J/TJ pickups with Metal Cover
Electronics: Active Warwick 2-way electronics with rechargeable Lithium Battery
Pot layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Treble & Bass stacked
Switch: Miniswitch
(...)​
en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Dolphin--Dolphin-I--Dolphin-4-String--Dolphin-Pro-I--4-string--Features.html

;)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Zoomed in on the computer. The neck is Wengé+Zebrano. The bass is likely from somewhere between 1998 and 2002.

Reaction score
C83C8F62-A252-4796-9A35-F98100181B06.png
B5677EEA-083B-4A12-94C4-6227D72C8F65.png
What wood is this ???
It is a set neck dolphin but it does NOT look like Azfelia wood ....
What is it ???

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Both are Afzelia, which is always an orange like color but some look more pale then the other.
Besides that the images you posted last are lacking contrast and are overly bright.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Reaction score
What's your point here? Are you trying to convince us that Warwick is cheating on us saying they are using azfeliz wood but delivering something else instead? ;)

NO!! I just love how their variety and how they build one off basses changing the specs of certain models and using a different wood ....
the thing that I like about Warwicks is that they use some pretty unique African woods ; and they always sound great !
Boire, Anegre, Azfelia, etc....

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Nice set, Marco.

How loud is that rig? I mean, does it stands out for playing live in a rock combo?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
No. Not nearly loud enough. For live applications you will need two of those cabs, preferably more.
For this I have the 2x12" Big Twin II. The One 10 is only for practicing with an oldskool tone. It sounds really Ampeg but at managable volume.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The Elf is one of the nicest sounding amps I have. If TE build a 500w or 1000w version I would definitely get that, too.

Reaction score
The Elf is one of the nicest sounding amps I have. If TE build a 500w or 1000w version I would definitely get that, too.
One seller had them for an insanely low price like 99.00 USD for a millisecond. Reputable seller too, but they must have only sold the one or two to bring customers in because the price went up to about 340.00 before I could talk a guitarist friend into buying one after he got his first bass, a Fender USA Precision. But he held off, and within minutes the price went back up. This was about a year ago.

Shoot, at 99.00 I was tempted to get one myself, but had already gotten a TC Electronic RH450. It might have been open box, or something similar.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear a good report on that amp, but I see that you didn't go with their cab. What about the cab in the picture. What are the specs on it?

Reaction score
I keep having a reoccurring dream where I own about 9 Warwick basses. Some are the two I actually own, some are dolphins, a thumb and a infinity or two. Then several that are not even Warwick's, but in my dream they are. Those aren't radically anything that wouldn't be a Warwick if it wasn't a dream. In this dream, I am somehow throughout the dream, losing the Warwick basses that are made up in dream land. Sometimes the two I actually own in wakey land. So far when I wake up the real ones are still here.

Top Bottom