Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
"neighbor asks for honey"

Hahahahahahahaha

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ready!

Following Marcos suggestion now all pedals are in one line. The Korg Pitchblack+ allows me to plug in two basses at one time.

First pedal in the chain is the Darkglass B3k. As you can see it’s not fully turned in, it just adds that metallic sound. Then: the Morley Power Fuzz Wah. What a brutal pedal! Again I don’t push it to the limit. Also the Boss LS2 lets the original signal pass through. This is strongly needed imo to keep the tone useful for the band. Finally there comes the Boss Chorus CEB-3, which adds even more depth to the sound.

Best thing: no noises, no humming, no mud. And: the signal keeps steady and clean when playing controlled but starts to sing and roar when digging into the strings harder! Running the Darkglass together with the Morley delivers a tone near to a Sansamp, let’s say creamy. But stepping onto the pedal makes the sound at first more cutting, then louder and aggressive. Very aggressive! I had to apologize more than once. Our guitar player is very calm, but I cought two glances which made me step a bit back. In the end I got permission to use this setup. It will take some more rehearsals to work blindly with the new pedal board. But already now it makes lots of fun!

1CC7824B-5F00-46F7-9BDE-C0B95880C0CB.jpeg
0748CB7F-9C98-4CC5-976F-53DD971B8742.jpeg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice! You can now get all sounds from both basses.

Last night I used only the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra and while this works for most of our stuff I will need some more pedals on my board next time.
We decided to add some QOTSA and Muse songs to the setlist which makes me require both mellow and aggressive fuzz sounds. Piecing the bigger board together again this weekend.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
How's this? Top one is for guitar, the other two for bass.

puzzle done.jpg

Both bass boards have a DI output with speaker sim, the top one with a simple analog modeler inside the Le Bass, the bottom with advanced impulse responses which you can upload with a computer into the Microtubes X Ultra.

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Been testing boards with the big rig on saturday and errrr well the Tech21 YYZ beat the X ultra in that chain of goodness. We're back to two boards: the trampleboard and the always on board. Check!

20191223_190350.jpg

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Been testing boards with the big rig on saturday and errrr well the Tech21 YYZ beat the X ultra in that chain of goodness. We're back to two boards: the trampleboard and the always on board. Check!

View attachment 20913
I'm always saying it: SansAmp > Darkglass...

..But it is hard to fight against trendy stuff. :)

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Well mine still look the same :)
20180930_134705.jpg

Amp-Korg DT10 - Kasza(aka Sadowsky Preamp)- Guma Antique(aka Darkglass B3K Vintage)- Guma (aka Darkglass B3K) - EBS FuzzMo- Bass
I am thinking of using a seperate compressor(for slapping), but I am quite happy with the integreted one in my Trace Elliot GP12 SMX.
Is there a way to directly change it via a pedal?

Reaction score
My simple pedalboard. Gonna add a MXR Carbon Copy and a Tc Electronic Ditto Looper later.
Switched my Darkglass Super Symmetry compressor for the Cali76. The Cali76 is my favorite bass compressor!
ql9zjqpwus2.jpg

Reaction score
I listened to the Doom 2 videos but I cannot get used to a fuzz sound... I hate fuzz on bass and guitar.

Reaction score
I've got a 3Leaf Audio filter 'Proton'
Nice pedal. Not too dry not too gooey

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I couldn't really think of a better place to drop this:

Looks like a cool documentary.

PS. I still think we live in a pedal-market bubble and it will blow up one of this days. I mean, how many moar pedals and how many moar pedal companies could coexist. :D

Reaction score
On the balance of play I think us Bassplayers have been in blessed times with the Pedal market.

Free the Tone
Diamond
Wounded Paw

Wouldn't be without mine.

Top Bottom