Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Yeah, I would expect more like a 4K price tag on that bass, so it's probably not going to happen. That's the only good thing about Reverb - even if I never see it, I will get all my money back.:)
Well it looks like Reverb has shot themselves in the foot with this one. Although there was no mention of it when I paid, it seems Reverb has no Reverb Payments set up in the seller's home country. So the payment went directly to the seller. Normally, it is held by Reverb unitl the seller enters tracking info, and even held longer when the seller has no feedback. They seem to be scrambling now to come up with an answer to their own stupidity. The name on the listing was fake, they had no feedback, they do not respond to attempted contacts, and............Reverb let the payment go directly to the scammer. Too funny!!!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Incoming!!

1637661242762.png

1637661296084.png

1637661414916.png

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
May that scammers soul rott in hell.
If there was any justice in this world, that would happen. Unfortunately, as we all know, in our modern world justice no longer exists.
After numerous contacts with multiple reps at Reverb.........nothing but the run around and nonsensical excuses. One phone call to PayPal and the payment was instantly reversed. It seems the scammers account had already been flagged, and thus, I got an instant refund. Absolutely no thanks to Reverb. So, the lesson here is - always pay on Reverb with PayPal, and always pay PayPal with a credit card. The more layers you can put between you and the seller/scammer, the safer your hard earned money is.😁

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I just received a comical "we got your refund issued" email from Reverb. This is the text of my response:

"Paypal implemented my full, and instantaneous, refund at my request. I contacted Paypal (where I was easily able to actually speak to an actual human being) due to the intolerable lack of action on Reverb's part. Reverb has an obvious gaping hole in it's payment system that allowed my payment, with zero warning to myself, to go directly to a seller with ZERO feedback. I have been a seller, and buyer, for years with 70+ sales and 5 star feedback, and I STILL have to enter tracking info before Reverb issues my payment. That fact alone is insulting, and infuriating!!! If this scammer figured out how to exploit Reverbs faulty system, others will do likewise. There is never just one cockroach.

As far as providing Reverb with any updates on this matter......Why would I waste even more of my precious time?

Once again, thanks for nothing.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank God for PayPal!"

I wonder if they will respond?;)

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Ok, here is the final post, I hope, on this scam. Once my refund posted, I was surprised to see that, due to the recent decline in the value of the euro, that my refund from PayPal was $64usd less than my original payment. So, time to turn on the charm! I contacted Reverb again, explained my case, with lots of facts, and told them the very least they could do under the circumstances was give me $64 in credit on my account. I am pleased to say, they complied, and once again tried to claim it was not their fault. Whatever. It's good to know that, even though in the past year and I half I have felt like I was going to lose it a few times, I can still be quite persuasive when I want to be. ;)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I recently switched back from the Source Audio Orbital to the Boss PH-3 due to power requirements (I needed something under 100mA to be compatible with my power supply). I have to admit I no longer like the Boss pedal as much as I used to. I just ordered one of these instead:

1638024728513.png

Top Bottom