Spot The Warwick!

Jason Raso just released a new video with Stu Hamm playing his Signature Warwick. Actually, there are a number of cool videos on Mr. Raso's youtube page.

 
Yeah, to my ears, the 'wick lacks of low ends, but full of midhighs. which is weird for a slap piece.
Weirder is to see the Fender Headstocks in the video of Stu. HP must be not so pleased.
 
Is Stu exclusive to Warwick? I thought he was one that had multiple bass endorsements. Like Bootsy...I think. I know he's had his own Fender models in the past, but I thought he wasn't exclusively Warwick.

*Trujillo is another that comes to mind. I know he plays multiple brands while still being endorsed by Warwick.
 
Last edited:
Stu has had deals with Fender (the Urge) and Washburn in the past. And he seems to have really thinned out his tone recently. Early on his tone was very similar to the other guy. He originally was a Kubicki guy.
And I have no idea how the endorsements work.
 
Warwick gains anyway by having their brand tied to some big names in the industry.
Something about Stu's playing bothers me though, I can't put my finger on it but I find him very ehm. boring.
 
The way the panned Stu hard to one side certainly doesn’t help how that bass sounds. I love Stu’s early stuff, but his last few records have done nothing for me.
 
Not sure about this, but I guess this is one of the first gigs/tours of Mike Inez and his famous "silverburst" SSI with AIC.

And Layne looks so healthy and his voice so powerful... please, kids, stay away from drugs.

 
00:18. I think this is a brilliant fan made video.

 
AYWA, world Music from Montpellier France :)



AYWA again, look at this Video, we see a gorgeous 1993 Thumb bass BO 4 !
Guilhem, the official bassit of the group exchange his bass with Childo Tomas, a famous jazz african bassist.

 
Last edited:


About halfway through here, Stu breaks out the Warwicks, I had never seen the Dr Strange and Groot basses before.
 
Back
Top