Show Your Pedalboards (Evo) Then

Reaction score
That would sound killer with the NT6. Have you tried Goliath and Simple Boy yet? Goliath is full alpha and Simple Boy is like 1/4 Omega side (not 100% on that). I was running the Lebass and AOU for over a year. So good. I must admit that the Damnation Audio MDB2 has trumped the AO for me. I know it gets talked about alot but it is next level.

Got a new Pedaltrain. Model number PT-M16-SC.
It is less wide, but deeper so I can better fit my bigger pedals on there.
The Wah pedal is sitting next to the pedalboard it really is quite tiny but just large enough for my needs.
The Cali is running on 18v and always on.

Also, now that I have a Thumb NT6 the Jon Stockman co-designed Alpha-Omicron is a must. It just works really well with a Thumb Bass!
Le Bass to get bottom end since the MEC two band pre on the Thumb isn't doing quite enough in that register.

View attachment 23066

Reaction score
I just picked up this and a Boss PW-2 for DIRT, always need MOAR DIRT.
It's a Big muff + Marshall Guv'nor and a compressor. Can't use both drives at the same time , sadly.

unknown.png

Oh, and it's crazy noisy when you don't play. Is this a defect or should I invest in a noise gate?

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Stone Deaf Noise Reaper. Puts the dirt pedal in a loop and compares it with the instrument signal. Very smart solution!

Reaction score
Stone Deaf Noise Reaper. Puts the dirt pedal in a loop and compares it with the instrument signal. Very smart solution!
Good idea, but I think that's what the return/send on the pedal are for. Might try that out first.

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I'm struggling - whether or not to get a compressore
Don't really use effects, but more dense sound with the tube giving some colouring seems appealing (since I go through the very neutral CMD121).
To press or not to press ?? Opinions?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I wasn't too amazed with my compressore and sold it pretty quick. It was way too transparent for a tube comp.
If you can lay hands on an EHX Black Finger that might be better - if you really want tube warmth or even grit.

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I wasn't too amazed with my compressore and sold it pretty quick. It was way too transparent for a tube comp.
If you can lay hands on an EHX Black Finger that might be better - if you really want tube warmth or even grit.
I see one for 120€ - you've got one ?
What's special about it? Cheers!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It does fatten your tone while the Compressors does not.
I own a black finger and a Cali76cb. The bf is warm and can be gritty, the Cali punchy.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It's EVOLUTION baby!
Yeah! Well mine is actually spinning round in circles.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Checking a Mesa V-Twin pre routed through a dry/wet blender.
Signal chain: Comp -> Trem -> Blender with v-twin in its fxloop -> Tuner -> Amp.

Still in the proces of finding the best settings for all controls plus dry/wet balance. But it sounds really good just need to find the right balance between the blues and solo chanels.

neverendingstory.jpg

Top Bottom