Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Haven't bought any new bass gear in about 10 months......way to long.

So I'm going to black out this bass......bridge, tuners, knobs on the way

20180615_182926.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-01-09-at-11.02.38-AM.png

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Guys, I must confess: I have been unfaithful, and ordered a Kiesel 6 string fretless Zeus bass yesterday :eek:

Now the wait for them to build mine begins...!

I'm totally jealous. I was just "fantasy building" these on their website yesterday. If and when I can afford to, I'll probably go with the Osiris. But I really like the Zeus too.

What options did you get?

Reaction score
I'm totally jealous. I was just "fantasy building" these on their website yesterday. If and when I can afford to, I'll probably go with the Osiris. But I really like the Zeus too.

What options did you get?

I went for black limba body and neck, black burst edges, active electronics, black fret lines and "royal ebony" fingerboard. Beyond that, standard, IIRC.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I went for black limba body and neck, black burst edges, active electronics, black fret lines and "royal ebony" fingerboard. Beyond that, standard, IIRC.

Nice. I was eyeballing the black limba myself. I think it's just as sexy as walnut, at a fraction of the cost.

Something like this:

14lobvt.jpg

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Kiesel are great instruments, with great options and affordable.
Eager to hear what you think about the instrument once you got it!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That purple transparent finish is sexxxxy lol. I have played a headless steinberger copy, I wonder how these balance.

Reaction score
welp I pulled the trigger on the pre-order of the Darkglass Alpha Omega 900 head this week. I got a carvin b2000 last year to blast my practice room around when i wanted to and it was fine. Recently joined a band and I just cant trust it after a few gittery startups and a few known problems..Anyway sent it packing with my AOU pedal aswell as I cannot justify both. a bit over a month wait but i'll make do... I just cant ignore the amount of awesomeness this thing has cramped into it and I know I will be very happy. One day I will go all tube when I move back to a bigger city because if anything went wrong/needed service out here I would be up for obscene freight costs and waiting times.

Oh I also bought a Temple Audio duo17 pedalboard...2019 the year of no basses..ergh

Reaction score
I'm not buying any new gear until everything I presently have is running properly.
Power Amp, Mixer, Ashdown 400 Klystron all sorted
Should have the fretted Jazz Bass back Tuesday

I also have to pack all my shit up because after 8 years the house is going to be repaired ...we had bad earthquakes here in 2010/11

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
And, as I was not very sure I'd be heard with this lil' silver box and a Ninja 2x12, I found this one :
12077296_800.jpg

So, basically, I have a 1000W amp that'll drive a 2x12 + 1x1, 1x5, 1x12.
Should be enough, methinks.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You took the plunge! Very interested on your findings once you have it.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah there is a large Genzler thread over at talkbass, so I read up on them, and watched a lot of videos. I actually spoke a lot to Jeff who owns the company. I managed to find a local shop that had them, actually their other location had them , and they transferred them over for me to try. Very impressed, nice and meaty but the top end is very sweet. The 2 profiles on the amp are very cool, and I found the EQ very sensitive. Very different from my ahartke in that the bottom end is fuller, if not as tight, it I really loved it. Very excited to get them here and hope to jam with the band on the weekend. Jeff was a ton of help, and we went back and forth a lot since I am a questions guy lol.

Top Bottom