Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
There is a guy on TardMe selling Darkglass..he has Noble on his board

Yeah the guy who makes them said I was the third one he has made and sent to New Zealand. Such a lovely sounding preamp. I can see why they don't come up second hand. Il be keeping mine for sure.

Reaction score
This arrived today. Sounds and feels really nice, really happy.

20190107_183954_resized.jpg
20190107_183939_resized(1).jpg
20190107_183920_resized.jpg

Reaction score
I've been looking for a fretless 5 that will sound nothing like my Pedulla Buzz, and this will definitely work!

Mahogany body with Maple top.
Mahogany neck and Birdseye Maple fingerboard.
Nordstrand P pickup under matching pickup cover with piezo bridge.
Only 6.6 lbs!

Should be here in a week or so...!

Screenshot_20190129-205049.png

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I've been looking for a fretless 5 that will sound nothing like my Pedulla Buzz, and this will definitely work!

Mahogany body with Maple top.
Mahogany neck and Birdseye Maple fingerboard.
Nordstrand P pickup under matching pickup cover with piezo bridge.
Only 6.6 lbs!

Should be here in a week or so...!

View attachment 19399

This is nuts on so many levels. Is the P coil setup traditional or reverse?

Reaction score
This is nuts on so many levels. Is the P coil setup traditional or reverse?

Honestly, I'm not sure yet!
I'll hopefully have it next week and will give it a good examination when it arrives.

It's chambered (hence the light weight) and has a nice thump with the piezos. I am super excited to get it, and it didn't even occur to me to ask about the coil configuration.

It'll be weird not having lines, but it's got the luminlay position markers, so it'll actually be more useful in our dimly lit practice space.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
It's chambered (hence the light weight) and has a nice thump with the piezos.

Ah, that explains it. One of the nuts factors was the single magnetic pickup so far from the bridge. I'm almost certain the P will be reverse ("logical").

Last edited:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Incoming: Warwick 2017 pro series Corvette $$ 5 in natural. Curiosity got the better of me since I haven't played a newer Warwick (post 2005-ish).

Very nice, congrats! You should be happy with what you're about to experience. That exact same desire overcame me a few months ago, when I picked up the '15 SSI. Stoked I did. Let us know what you think when it comes in!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the bone nuts of my 8 string and 10 string with brass nuts. Is it worth the costs?

Reaction score
Real Name
Tom Baker
Incoming: Warwick Piezo bridge and electronics - to be placed in the Fortress fretless

This is a serious temptation to me. Do you have to route for new controls or can it be done in a stacked configuration with the existing pot configuration?

Toepfer

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Pepe
This is a serious temptation to me. Do you have to route for new controls or can it be done in a stacked configuration with the existing pot configuration?
I can hopefully tell you tomorrow. The bridge I got is out of a Thumb BO and has three stacked pots (1x volume+balance+push/pull, 1x bass/trebble, 1xpiezo+?). My Fortress has four pots. I have to check how big the board is, to see if everything will fit.
What should work is to just use these three pots and leave the forth one for space for the board.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the bone nuts of my 8 string and 10 string with brass nuts. Is it worth the costs?

Totally. Maybe. How much would that much brass cost? Does Warwick make a brass JAN for those?

Reaction score
Real Name
Tom Baker
2019-02-08.jpg
Very nice, congrats! You should be happy with what you're about to experience. That exact same desire overcame me a few months ago, when I picked up the '15 SSI. Stoked I did. Let us know what you think when it comes in!
OK, it's here and I"m really impressed. I CAN tell a slight difference between it and my 2004 $$ but it's only slight and I'm pretty thrilled.

Toepfer

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Pepe
Do you have to route for new controls or can it be done in a stacked configuration with the existing pot configuration?
Well, a four pot configuration + batterie + circuit board will not fit without routing. Three pots and the circuit board will. But where to put the batterie then?
I will have to think about about that. I already switched the bridge and drilled the hole to get the cable into the electronics department, but now I'm stuck. I have to talk to my wood guy, if he's got an idea.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Well, a four pot configuration + batterie + circuit board will not fit without routing. Three pots and the circuit board will. But where to put the batterie then?
I will have to think about about that. I already switched the bridge and drilled the hole to get the cable into the electronics department, but now I'm stuck. I have to talk to my wood guy, if he's got an idea.
Would love to try that Fortress after you finished the mod :)

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
If it was me and I had the money......I'd do it

Top Bottom