Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Pedal? I was refering to the James Brown rhythm sections book. How they create that feel, what to play and most important what to leave out.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Pedal? I was refering to the James Brown rhythm sections book. How they create that feel, what to play and most important what to leave out.

My bad, excuse me. I replied to a different thread than the one intended.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
The James Brown book arrived last night, and it's fantastic. Really exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended for students of the funk.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
291657-strymon-timeline-delay_01xxl.jpg

Reaction score
I just ordered one of these, A NS design CR5M upright in slate grey. The grey finish will match my Streamer stage 1. grey stain over flame maple is the same on both basses. Matchy matchy ha ha

I hope NS design has stock as im ordering this from my local dealer and getting flown over by fedex, Find out Monday. I really love my current NXT upright so feel I can justify getting a nicer model in custom finish. Lush!

As soon as it arrives il sell on my NXT5 string.

View attachment 19255

Still waiting for this to arrive...… Will arrive after Xmas by the sounds of it. cant wait though.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I think I will buy one again, is simply too good. How is the smaller one soundwise, anyone know?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
In the review from bassplayer mag, they said the knobs on the lwa500 feel cheapish.
Besides that, for 100 euro more you have the (wooden sidepanels) lwa1000.

The choice was fairly easy.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
lwa_1000_1.jpg

New for 449 euro. Could not resist.

Dual? Cool. A Ric's two pickups going through this would be a pretty cool setup. Otherwise, I'm not sure I see what the use of it is! Someone please enlighten me.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Take any guitar overdrive and send it through one channel only, while cutting both bass and treble and maybe boost the higher mids a bit.
It will sound a-ma-zing!

Also, if you play multiple basses and one is fretless for instance, you can switch basses without having to unplug and have great tone on both.
Or if you also play keys, you can amplify that through the same stack as your bass.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Take any guitar overdrive and send it through one channel only, while cutting both bass and treble and maybe boost the higher mids a bit.
It will sound a-ma-zing!

Also, if you play multiple basses and one is fretless for instance, you can switch basses without having to unplug and have great tone on both.
Or if you also play keys, you can amplify that through the same stack as your bass.

Enlightening. :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I was using it with B7k. Parallel output- to channel one (clean), and regular output to channe 2 (overdriven)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
LOL. The Strat came in this morning. Cardboard box and guitar both carry the same serial number and the model stated on the box says American Special Stratocaster HSS. (H stands for Humbucker).

BUT

The guitar is a regular Strat, with three single coil pickups.

And they are creamy white. So are the knobs.

And I freaking love its cutting tone. She's a keeper!

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
I was using it with B7k. Parallel output- to channel one (clean), and regular output to channe 2 (overdriven)
Not fair. Now I'm thinking of getting this head with the Billy Sheehan Overdrive Pedal.

Reaction score
well I have made the New Years resolution to my amazing partner that 2019 will be guitar free (didnt promise amps lol) but I had a spurt in the last week. I got a cool looking black with white PG squire for $50 oz which isnt even a bottle of bourbon..it is in new condition with a hardcase!!! i could easily flip for $200 without even trying but I also bought a flash (swear word around here) twanger 8 string guitar lol. I got an Ibanez Prestige for a steal with polar burl and birdseye maple neck and sd custom pickups. I thought if i was ever going to get a guitar to match my amazing basses i better get a bloody awesome one!! I am sick of mucking with cheap rubbish. and a 27" scale and bottom string being .80 it isn't that far off bass anyway lol.

This year I bought my dream bass a 94 NT6 thumb that was beyond my dreams as far as how much I love owning it. I also bought a brand new Spector LX5 that is the most beautiful looking bass that I have ever owned and love so much. I consolidated my pedal love with a darkglass AOU and got a Carvin B2000 that I am going to get rid of and upgrade to a big tube amp hopefully ashdown. I have also done a very cool fretless conversiion and full EMG upgrade on my Spector Legend 6 which i am still ironing out and will talk about when done. I also have upgraded my very first bass that has been sitting in the cupboard for 8 years without love an play and got an EMG PJ set off of ebay in USA for a steal and I am also upgrading all the hardware on it to black it out.

Suffice to say I have spent alot of my money on gear this year.. judge of that what you will but I will say that having bass playing as a main focus in my life at the moment has been a HUGE thing. I have been through some of the worst trauma a parent can go through, have moved to an extremely remote place and started the most challenging job in my life.

I would like to extend my love and gratitude to the Bass-Arena/ Warwick forum community and I just want to say you will never know how much it means to me to talk about my passion with people that get it and we are connected no matter how far we are apart by a love for something we find special in this world and that is a great thing.

Top Bottom