New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Reaction score
Happy to be part of the Warwick owners/enthusiasts group. I recently became a Warwick owner - i.e. Streamer Standard 4 - via a deal on a "B Stock" model.

I'm currently working on getting it dialed in (it arrived w/ insanely high action) and found your wonderful site. The info shared here has been a lifesaver in getting me on track w/ my setup. Hopefully, it will work out in the end......feeling a little better now that I have a resource for advice.

Reaction score
Happy to be part of the Warwick owners/enthusiasts group. I recently became a Warwick owner - i.e. Streamer Standard 4 - via a deal on a "B Stock" model.

I'm currently working on getting it dialed in (it arrived w/ insanely high action) and found your wonderful site. The info shared here has been a lifesaver in getting me on track w/ my setup. Hopefully, it will work out in the end......feeling a little better now that I have a resource for advice.

Welcome mate!
Be sure to check the forum Warwick bridges and how they work to get that action nice and low ;)

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni

I wholeheartedly welcome you to the forum. You will indeed find lots of resources here. Anything you need, just ask away!

Reaction score
Howdy,

Im glad I found you guys.
Long time Warwick fan, first time buyer.
Just bought a Thumb NT 5 last night.

I’ve been playing for 20yrs.
I started with a Fender Prophecy II. It was actually amazing. When the frets needed dressing, I defretted it and it sounded great. I spent a lot of time hand sanding that rosewood level. I sold it for a 2x15 and always regretted it.
I defretted my Carvin LB70-P as well and regret that as it sounds like poo now. Gonna redo the fretboard someday.

Im glad to be here and will post a NBD when the Thumb arrives.

Be Well

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy,

Im glad I found you guys.
Long time Warwick fan, first time buyer.
Just bought a Thumb NT 5 last night.

I’ve been playing for 20yrs.
I started with a Fender Prophecy II. It was actually amazing. When the frets needed dressing, I defretted it and it sounded great. I spent a lot of time hand sanding that rosewood level. I sold it for a 2x15 and always regretted it.
I defretted my Carvin LB70-P as well and regret that as it sounds like poo now. Gonna redo the fretboard someday.

Im glad to be here and will post a NBD when the Thumb arrives.

Be Well

Greetz man! Waiting for the pics! ;)

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I habe to say I am back. I somehow forgot about this forum and could not login anymore.
Funny enough I could register a new account using my old nickname, despite some posts from 2008 are still there.

Anyhow I play Warwick since 1989 having a Streamer 1 with Bartolinis.
It rook me some years to get to one as astudent, but got infected by a Warwick workshop held by Hirst Stachelhaus, bassist of Birthcontrol and editor of the German Fachblatt Musikmagazin, back around 86 or 87.

Beside this I have a 2001 Streamer LX 5 broad neck.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I habe to say I am back. I somehow forgot about this forum and could not login anymore.
Funny enough I could register a new account using my old nickname, despite some posts from 2008 are still there.

It rook me some years to get to one as astudent, but got infected by a Warwick workshop held by Hirst Stachelhaus, bassist of Birthcontrol and editor of the German Fachblatt Musikmagazin, back around 86 or 87.

Welcome back! No worries about forgetting, and sorry about any login issues, this place has been through some changes over the past few years... In any case, all old souls are always welcome back!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Welcome back. What was your old account, I can merge the two :)

Reaction score
Welcome back! No worries about forgetting, and sorry about any login issues, this place has been through some changes over the past few years... In any case, all old souls are always welcome back!
No problem and many thanks.

Welcome back. What was your old account, I can merge the two :)
Thanks as well. Good to be back.
My old account was the same than this one „olbass“.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Are you sure? Because that's pretty impossible, only if I deleted your all account with all the posts which it is also impossible. Could you find an old post of yours?
Thanks buddy :)

Reaction score
Are you sure? Because that's pretty impossible, only if I deleted your all account with all the posts which it is also impossible. Could you find an old post of yours?
Thanks buddy :)

Hi Florin, below a quote of my post from 2008, July 15th.

And here the related link, just cam into my mind to add this as well:
Replace MEC 2-band EQ by 3-band or change completely to Bart

Hello Together,

Out of the PU-drop-outs I recently had on my Steamer LX5 BN's balance poti I started to question the whole set-up. Means either buy a new pot (20€) or spend 200€ more and buy a MEC 3 band EQ or even more, replace the MEC PU by Bartolinis and add the related 3-band (~350€ via US Import). Having a Tobias with the Bart set-up, I more or less know what I may get, but maybe the move to 3-band is good enough, but cheaper, as the current MEC 2-band sound is not that bad....
Did anyone made this upgrade and could may comment on this.

Many thanks and best regards

Olbass

Last edited:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thank you buddy, and I am sorry for that. Indeed your old account was lost, probably during migration, it is the only known case, I am very sorry for that. I am doing my best to restore it and merge the two accounts, I hope it works.

Please excuse me, and I am happy to have you back on the forum.

Flo

Top Bottom