The Ovangkol Monster is Poorly

Reaction score
Kilminster said:
Hi
Sorry I missed all this, I've been out.
Yeah, It's a black jack and it looks great which is why I want the correct replacement. I've checked the soldering and it seems fine to me. The weird thing is that in passive mode I don't have the problem!!
Thanks to everyone one who's replied and thanks Ian, at least we're in the same boat. If you can let me know if you get an answer I'd be grateful.
It hasn't messed up my Warwick experience by the way. It still sounds and plays amazing.

Wow, wow, wow,

hold on; if the problem only happens in active mode, then it should NOT be a jack problem. Dunno about electronics how that can happen..............have it checked out man........ :wink:

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my not CS thumb BO...you either get a Planet Waves Cable or you get it fixed in the store within 5 minutes. easy as that.

Reaction score
I know what you're saying dude but the jack seems the only answer considering it only cuts out when the lead is in a particular position. This is not changing the inner components in any way??
I'm sure somebody somewhere said there was a contact in the jack for the active circuitry??
AHH!! I've no idea what I'm saying. Anyway, ere's a picture of the socket to show its colour

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Blockrocker said:
I had the same problem with my not CS thumb BO...you either get a Planet Waves Cable or you get it fixed in the store within 5 minutes. easy as that.

Are you talking about your own experience ? I mean, did you notice that the problem didn't occur with Planet Waves Cable or are you just making a theory, according to what happened to me and Stroud with Planet Waves cable ?

On my CS Streamer, it happens even in passive mode... But I have active pickups, so who knows...

Oh and btw... getting it fixed in the store ? I can't, I bought it thru Thomann.

Reaction score
...............hmmmmm,

that looks like a picture taken from the X-files...........I bet Mulder has got an explanation why your bass looses signal constantly............something with extraterrestrial something........... :lol:
Sorry, I can't help you out; I am an electro-noob........ :oops:

Reaction score
Ian said:
Blockrocker said:

Are you talking about your own experience ? I mean, did you notice that the problem didn't occur with Planet Waves Cable or are you just making a theory, according to what happened to me and Stroud with Planet Waves cable ?

On my CS Streamer, it happens even in passive mode... But I have active pickups, so who knows...

Oh and btw... getting it fixed in the store ? I can't, I bought it thru Thomann.

i had exact the same problem with my output jack. The Problem occured with any Cable, except with my Planet waves.

Oh damn i forgot that you bought it over thomann, sorry dude :oops:
I am really sorry that your guys CS Warwicks have that problem, thats really bad
:?

Reaction score
No worries, thanks for your support. I'll get it sorted somehow!!
I asked Mulder and he said "Ask the smoking man" ???

Reaction score
ive had that problem with a stingray (no one bad mouth it, i love it.) i opened her up, repositioned the bit that the jack touches and made sure the jack touched perfectly then tightened up the input bolt more.. this made the input tighter and it had less room for movement.. now its fine... didnt even have to get the soldering iron out!

Reaction score
Can't do that unfortunately. The jack is closed off all round and at the end so you can't get in there!

Reaction score
Kilminster said:
Can't do that unfortunately. The jack is closed off all round and at the end so you can't get in there!

She don't want you in her......... :shock: :lol:

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Kilminster said:

Okay Lets Get dirty...Have you ever ripped off her G-string???

Reaction score
Blockrocker said:
ThirdthumB said:
Kilminster said:

Only fiddled, fondled and tickled it............ :lol:

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Blockrocker said:
ThirdthumB said:
Kilminster said:

I bet you Slap her as well :p :lol:

Reaction score
Blockrocker said:
ThirdthumB said:
Blockrocker said:
ThirdthumB said:
Kilminster said:

I bet you Slap her as well :p :D

I do actually,

but I didn't mention, because that kind of bums up the G-string analogy.............cuz you don't slap underwear..............it would be funny as hell though, when you get to know a female bass player........and things get romantic.............you start slapping her underwear until she asks what on earth you're doing ?? And you say "I'm slapping your G-string"................ :lol: .................(lame)

Reaction score
Blockrocker said:
omg i actually find that kinda funny :lol:

Thank you very much,

I am also available for children's parties...............

P.S. it's only funny if she actually IS a bass player; otherwise she'll think you're weird and leave. Now we don't want that, do we ?? :lol:

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Filthy sods :shock: !

:lol:

To get back, I hope I'll get a new output jack... :roll:

Reaction score
yeah that's true,
I shouldn't use that one dates, should I? :D
Otherwise she' ll think I'm a pervert ^^

Ian: All the best for you and your CS Bass, I hope the roblem Will get sorted out

Reaction score
i just checked my input jack, and it's chrome (black hardware)..fortunately no cable problems 8) ..i hope you guys can sort it out :D

Reaction score
I went through this not long ago myself.The Planet Waves circuit breaker right angled cables shorted out but the straight one is fine.The bass IS NOT FAULTY!It's the cable.

Top Bottom