The Heads Up Thread

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Reaction score
Great price, but I was surprised at how big and bulky the Katana is.
Maybe thats why they aren't being made anymore.... :)

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
big and bulky sounds great👍…burns longer in the oven🤣👍

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Great price, but I was surprised at how big and bulky the Katana is.
Maybe thats why they aren't being made anymore.... :)
...I would recommend to check the neck / trussrod..;)...2004 ovangcol neck..the early 2000 years were not the best (quality wise)..

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The Ibanez SDGR basses I have owned (a couple of them) sounded rather sterile and lacking character to my ears.
They are great value for the money though as they usually play really smooth and have pleasant neck profiles.

Reaction score
?🤷🏼….in my 35 years „career“ I ve owned and played 3 Ibanez Basses (not the cheapest one☝️)…those cannot compare to Warwick..imho
I've owned and played many more then that, and I still stand by my statement.
Roadgear is an excellent bass that has some nice features and is no worse then a Warwick from the 90-00's era.
No misaligned screws, no knobs that barely turn (hello warwick), a solid brass bridge, recessed knobs, Seymour Duncan pickups with lovely rounded edges.

The Ibanez SDGR basses I have owned (a couple of them) sounded rather sterile and lacking character to my ears.
They are great value for the money though as they usually play really smooth and have pleasant neck profiles.
Agreed!

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've owned and played many more then that, and I still stand by my statement.
Roadgear is an excellent bass that has some nice features and is no worse then a Warwick from the 90-00's era.
No misaligned screws, no knobs that barely turn (hello warwick), a solid brass bridge, recessed knobs, Seymour Duncan pickups with lovely rounded edges.

Agreed!
Agree absolutly on the quality👍…however, and that is for sure a very individual impression, I ve had some „sound issues“ with Ibanez in live band situation (especially when you need to „cut through“ against 2 stupid loud guitar players)..🤣😂👍…nothing against Ibanez in general…

Reaction score
The specs for this RD900 are great, on par with any quality instrument out there. :)
They called it a 'poor man's Lakland' when it came out ,and it's true!
Ash body, rosewood fretboard, single piece maple neck, abalone inlays, brass hardware made in Japan, pickups made in USA. 👏

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I concur. I have owned a number of Ibanez basses and you really can't go wrong with a model from the Prestige series, especially the early 2000s models. They can be found for ridiculously low prices and are of surprisingly high quality. However, as Marco stated, the tone is rather lacking. But that is much easier to "fix" than poor craftsmanship or el cheapo components. About a year ago I snagged an excellent Prestige 6 string from 2005, for $450 usd, and it is awesome.......except for it's tone. However, I can completely replace the electronics and still be well under $1000 usd cost. Since it has Bartolini pickups, which usually can sound pretty good, it probably just needs a better pre-amp. These prestige models even have the curved body like some of my favorite Wicks. The main thing you should take from my babbling - NEVER buy a new Ibanez!!! They are among the worst when it comes to resale value.

The $450 6 string:

Attachments

• _DSC1795.JPG
    _DSC1795.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 72
  • _DSC1798.JPG
    _DSC1798.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 60
  • _DSC1806.JPG
    _DSC1806.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 69

kimgee