pedal / effects you cant live without, and why??????

Reaction score
Jeff have you ever tried placing the distortion in front of the fuzz? Big Muff loves being fed a little distortion/OD. You get a lively organic fuzz tone with lots of sustain from this combination.
I haven't tried that. I basically threw them on the board without ever intending to run them at the same time. Maybe it's experiment time?

Bad experience from the 90´s?
You saw his live video right? He may have over-dosed. :D

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That chorus was kindly added by the asshole sound engineer behind the front of house mixing desk. Later on he also started playing with his delays and stuff pissing off the rest of the band. Always bring your own sound guy people!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
That chorus was kindly added by the asshole sound engineer behind the front of house mixing desk. Later on he also started playing with his delays and stuff pissing off the rest of the band. Always bring your own sound guy people!

Damn!

Wise words, Señor Le Marco. I learned that many years ago on the road.

SimonQwerty

Warwick Funkster
Reaction score

Adding chorus this way is a peak of stupidity! Modulation process on low frequencies can ruin the whole mix. Always bring your own trusted sound engineer if possible, that's 100% true!!!

Reaction score
Visual Sound Visual Volume: It is, hands down, the best and most robust volume pedal out there. Stereo ins and outs (or use it as 2 basses --> 1 amp or 1 bass --> 2 amps), the option to have either channel active or passive, individual gain pots for each channel, you can repair yourself if it breaks (as opposed to the EB VPJr. and others), and it's got 10 LEDs to let you know where your volume is at. In a dark theatre pit environment that I find myself in all of the time, this is an invaluable piece of equipment that I use regularly. The only - ONLY - thing it doesn't have is that the tuner out is only affected by the first channel, so if you plug in two basses (and use the VV as an A/B pedal...which I've done), only the bass in channel one can enjoy the tuner out feature.

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Jeff, if you get tired of the Bass big Muff, try the Tech 21 Bass Boost Fuzz, it has the best of everything you need for a fuzz plus a Boost switch and db knob.

Reaction score
Hey Last , I guess I ll need to buy some dirt , don t have any , so there s some great ideas in here .

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Dunno why but I alwayz haz da auto-wah from da Line 6 Bass Pod on when I practise on my own ... with Da Tooterzzz I don't use any effectz ...to get sum dirt I just increase da gainz on my Ampeg or crank up da highz from my LX ... (or both when I'm in a very good mood) ...8:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Visual Sound Visual Volume: It is, hands down, the best and most robust volume pedal out there. Stereo ins and outs (or use it as 2 basses --> 1 amp or 1 bass --> 2 amps), the option to have either channel active or passive, individual gain pots for each channel, you can repair yourself if it breaks (as opposed to the EB VPJr. and others), and it's got 10 LEDs to let you know where your volume is at. In a dark theatre pit environment that I find myself in all of the time, this is an invaluable piece of equipment that I use regularly. The only - ONLY - thing it doesn't have is that the tuner out is only affected by the first channel, so if you plug in two basses (and use the VV as an A/B pedal...which I've done), only the bass in channel one can enjoy the tuner out feature.

I have one myself , great products used by Alain Caron & lots of renowned bassists all over .

Reaction score
Malekko B:ASSMASTER, for when I need fuzz to peel the paint from the walls. It is delicious!

[video=youtube;p6kjd6GyvLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6kjd6GyvLc [/video]

Mr.Demeter

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
I'd say the tuner would be the most indispensable pedal in my arsenal, but I'd really miss my Demeter Opto Compulator as well, that pedal just makes me feel a tad safer on stage, I can't even explain it :lol:

Reaction score
Demeter s the best right ! lol I love the Demeter Preamps & Compressors

Reaction score
Sansamp BDDI.

Just because. 8:

Thank you X 10,000! I bought this today based 70% on your tone (which I really like for some reason). I put it in front of the HB pre and my new jazz style bass and :eek:! I took back the recently aquired Tech LM300 head and got this, hoping it would be as good as the LM300. This is now a permanent part of my sound and I haven't even tried it with my PNut yet! I'll be slappin the jazz with this thing for at least another hour.....I might even find and actual groove;)

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
I am really not the guy to ask, I've only owned two pedals ever; traded the first for the second, it lasted a month or so...

I just don't get along with FX pedals! :lol:

Reaction score
Thank you X 10,000! I bought this today based 70% on your tone (which I really like for some reason). I put it in front of the HB pre and my new jazz style bass and :eek:! I took back the recently aquired Tech LM300 head and got this, hoping it would be as good as the LM300. This is now a permanent part of my sound and I haven't even tried it with my PNut yet! I'll be slappin the jazz with this thing for at least another hour.....I might even find and actual groove;)
I can't imagine being a bassist without a SABDDI! I've had mine for years and it's currently pulling duty in front of my recording interface.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I used the BDDI a lot, and I think it is the most useful little pedal ever built. However, after having better and better basses and amps, I've noticed that SA was the weakest link in my chain, so I sold it. Still has an awesome distorted sound :)

Reaction score
I used the BDDI a lot, and I think it is the most useful little pedal ever built. However, after having better and better basses and amps, I've noticed that SA was the weakest link in my chain, so I sold it. Still has an awesome distorted sound :)
True. Once I got a Tubepath, the SABBDI came off of my pedal board. I agree, it's distorted sound is pretty awesome.

Top Bottom