Fretboard Maintenance

Reaction score
So I have a Thumb BO (a 2006 or 07, can't recall the exact year), and I was wondering the proper cleaning materials to keep the fretboard in good shape. I use the Warwick wax on the body and the back of the fretboard, but I do not know what to use on the fretboard. I have heard mixed reviews about using lemon oil or lemon juice for it. Are there any products designed for this exercise? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I currently have a 4 fluid oz bottle of dunlop 65 - lemon oil for fretboards. Had the bottle 2 years, only used about an 8th of it and i use it regularly!

Highly recommend it, only cost me £5 for the whole bottle i think as well, bargin!

Reaction score
Ok, so I went out and bought two products. One is lemon oil, and the other is a fingerboard conditioner that says it is a "unique formula of oils and cleaners" that will "restore the character of dark natural wood fingerboards, leaving a clean, fast, and glowing surface, protected from sweat, grime, dirt, and moisture. The second one sounds to be a great product, especially since it is made for dark woods, which my fingerboard is, however I've never really heard of this product before. Does anyone have any experience with it, or a similar thing?

BTW it's called Hydrate: fingerboard conditioner and it's made by planet waves.

A

ALB

Never used the Planet Waves fretboard conditioner but after playing fretless for the last 3 yrs. and constantly worrying about "eating away" the fingerboard.... I'll have to say that a scotch-brite pad followed by D'Andrea Lemon Oil cleaner & conditioner has kept the wood looking amazing.

Top Bottom