Crack in Bubinga Corvette Body

Joined
Oct 9, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone, New to the Warwick forums looking for some opinions on how concerned I should be about a crack in the body of a 2008 Corvette Standard. I played this German-made Warwick for the first time recently and instantly fell in love, I see what the fuss is about! The crack appears to be significant down about 3/4 of the front of the body and shows 2-3 inches on the back as well as around the side, shown below. Is this something to worry about? Is the guitar body made of 1 piece of wood or 3? It almost appears as if it is a crack between the multiple pieces that make up the body. I thought it was 1 solid piece of Bubinga that made the body but I could be wrong. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. P.s. already looked up some basic care regimens on the forum and the beeswax was incredible advice; it cleans up great (aside from the obvious crack). It was deeply discounted and why I couldn't pass it up, but long term / major damage is now leaving me wondering if I got an incredible deal, or may develop buyers remorse. Happy to hear your thoughts.

-Recent Warwick Convert - C

20261010_092913.webp
20261009_162130.webp
20261010_0929252.webp
 
Hmm... I would take that to a very good Luthier...
 
Back
Top