Warwick Bridges

Reaction score
G'day,

Just wondering, do the Warwick bridges only accept Tapered B strings? I'd really like to use a set with a non-tapered B once I get my 6.

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Sweden and congrats to your purchase / mats

Reaction score
Ummm I haven't purchased anything yet.. What about the bridge??

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Rick, Warwick now offer a bridge for non-tapered strings. See this for details:

Best contact your dealer or Dominant Music and they will be able to help you out.

Cheers

Lex

Reaction score
Thanks Lex! I supposed you'd have to choose that as one of the options when going through the custom shop. Contacting Dominant as we speak.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
cheers mate good luck with it...

as far as i know you should be able to easily retro-fit it to an existing bass!

Reaction score
FURTHER TO MY POST HERE, i have an update for you:

Hello All,

Warwick have now made a new tailpiece that will accomodate SOME non tapered B strings. In the past Warwick tailpieces have had a 3.5 m gap on the B stg and 3.0m gap on the G or C String. That has now been changed to 4.0m all over from B stg to C stg with the new tailpieces. Its not possible to make the gap any wider as strings will not sit securely and could fall out easily.

So we have found that a non taper 120, 125 or 130 gauge will fit in the tailpiece fine but a 135 string will not. So your options are either use 120, 125 or 130 strings in non taper or use a tapered 135. For many years now lots of Warwick Low B players have just used a pair of pliers to flaten the string a small amount and that works fine. Either way you have a few choices.

FOR APPROX 1 YEAR now Warwick have been crafting basses with the new tailpiece but there is a chance you could get one with the older tailpiece while they ran out stock. Eventually all basses will have the new tailpiece.

Take care.

Reaction score
So this new tail-piece comes standard on all new and custom shop models? The B string I'd like to use is .136 so I guess I'd have to flatten it even with the new tail-piece :( Does this have any impact on tone?? Surely it can't be good for the string.

Reaction score
If you plan to use a 136 B string then you need to either flatten your string or file the tailpiece. Your more then welcome to file the tailpiece out to fit the string as I know people have but thats your choice. For almost 20 years Warwick 5 string players have been crimping or clamping there string a little to fit and they have all produced lovely tone if you know what i mean :)

Top Bottom