Percussive Bassist -WorldRecord

Reaction score
ThanX

Thanx a lot.. If U search for an Indian Classical Percussion Instrument named "Kanjira" in youtube you can see the style Im trying to adapt.. Its pretty hard, I find..... Still trying to come near to it..... I will be touring UK in November /December or early 2009 with RagacatZZ. Hope I can meet some Musicians of this Forum there.....
Once again thanks for all the support............ Will buy a Warwick at the earliest!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Re: ThanX

jayenvarma said:
Will buy a Warwick at the earliest!!!!!!!!!

It's not about the Warwicks ;) But they are all little tools we love to help us make our music. I really wish you'll find a nice little Warwick that suits you! And even more I wish to hear the sound you are getting with your technique from a Warwick! (a thumb would sound even pretty mudvayne'ish I think ;))

@golem

Yeah, I know. It's something that caught my eye quite a while ago :)

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
`

It kinda odd thinkin about recommending or even suggesting
a bass for Jayen. I mean, we can discuss which bass is better
for what specialty, which is most versatile, but with Jayen ....
this is World's Record speed. Little details can mean a lot.

Hopefully, on his UK tour, there will be time for an extended
visit to a very well stocked shop where he can sort it all out !

I see some basses, non-contoured bodied basses, have a
recessed area on the top, on the treble side near the neck
heel, to make room for popping. Just guessing, but I spoze
the arched top of a contoured body offers extra clearance,
less body wood nearby, on both the treble and bass sides.

Still more guessing, but I can imagine modding a Thumb BO
with long neck screws, and shims under the neck and bridge
to gain extra clearance everywhere. OK. Enuf fantasy design
exercises for an ax for a technique that I myself never even
practice. Just frying a few neurons for lunch :)

`

Reaction score
Thanx ..thats what I really wanted to ask.... This information is helpful for me........ Yes, Im also eager to know how it will sound, if I play it on a Warwick..EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I like the new material Jayen & congratulations on the tour.

Reaction score
paperbag1213 said:
that is a very simple technique

Most are pretty simple,but making them musical & then making a,living from playing that music is a different kettle of fish entirely.You should post some videos on youtube,they love,"competition".
There's always those that stand out from a very early age,but lack of modesty really doesnt do you any favours coz at some point,you stop playing & start talking.Good chops will never make up for lack of personality imo.

Reaction score
hey im sorry guys i didn't mean to offend anyone, and i know that i sound like an ass in my last reply where i said it was simple, it was late at night and i wasn't really thinking, please except my apologies

Reaction score
paperbag1213 said:
hey im sorry guys i didn't mean to offend anyone, and i know that i sound like an a** in my last reply where i said it was simple, it was late at night and i wasn't really thinking, please except my apologies

No need for an appology,we all have bad days mate.I'm sure many of your fellow members will appreciate it though.

Reaction score
wohhh how did it but the stars on the s in ass, did it do it by itself, thats cool

Reaction score
paperbag1213 said:
wohhh how did it but the stars on the s in a**, did it do it by itself, thats cool

Took me a few reads to understand what you've said,or asked.But I got there in the end.
Yes,we have an automatic editing thing going on,so when you post certain swear words,they're edited.This was done by our original admin,Oliver Dominguez to discourage profanity & promote a child & family friendly forum.
I often have my 5 year old son sitting beside me when I read the forum so as a parent,it's good not having to worry about him reading words I'd prefer he didnt.
**edit.
If you'd like to test it out,you can type as many swear words as you like,then hit,"Preview",instead of,"Submit",so as not to offend or annoy the other members. :wink:

Reaction score
Hmmm... now where is my "Dictionary of Ancient Profanities"?

Odds bodikins! I can't find it... well I'll be bumswizzled! :shock:

Reaction score
So glad to tell my Friends of this Reputed forum that I will be PERFORMING LIVE in UNITED KINGDOM, at various venues, From NOVEMBER 2008 till JANUARY 2009 with BASS DEMONSTRATIONS, CLINICS AND WORKSHOPS, alongwith my Band RAGACATZZ'S Concerts. . For more information please visit: www.myspace.com/ragacatzz
www.leapingcatrecords.com
www.myspace.com/leapingcatrecords
Venues are only being fixed now

Im sure I will keep my word of playing 36 percussive notes/sec live and I love to see few friends of this forum there.

Regards

Reaction score
Cool!, if you play anywhere near me i'll definitely be making an appearance.

Reaction score
Thanx

Bro,
I ve conveyed ur message to Mr.Phill Powell of Prestatyn, UK. He plays Fretless Bass in the Band. He is willing to Book show in York. If you have your myspace profile, pl contact www.myspace.com/ragacatzz or pl mail to Phill Powell to [email protected]
Lookin forward to see you there...
Thanx

Reaction score
Bass Friends,
The following video is to inform everyone our UK tour. I hope to meet those in UK during our tour.... The man who plays Fretless Bass is Phill Powell from UK. Hope someone over here may find slight difference in my Guitar tone with my new Pick ups and WARWICK STRINGS. Hoping to buy a WARWICK GUITAR SOOOOOOON..

With Due respect to you all, the Warwick Heros here.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXvPQd3sBYg[/ame]

Reaction score
INDIA RAGAZZ FEST

SHARING A VIDEO WITH YOU..

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1Hdt549eA[/ame]

Regards

Reaction score
Sounds great man!!! let me know when your in New York City, I'd love to study your technique closer!

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious. I just read it from the beginning .... :lol:

Top Bottom