What are you listening to..ATM?

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just having a relaxing Saturday morning with the Dead. A little 3 1/2 hour show.

Big Brown.jpg

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me!

Hahaha yes!! Big Brown! An absolute beast of a bass, played by a beast of a player. So good. The melted chunk of brass for a tailpiece. Perfect.

The Wall of Sound days were insane. Check out the Wiki some time when you have a moment. Pretty cool stuff. The Dead were trying some really interesting things on the electronics front. Though, imagine Bill on drums, sitting under that cabinet. That very very heavy cabinet. Slightly scary.

"Phil Lesh's bass was piped through a quadraphonic encoder that sent signals from each of the four strings to a separate channel and set of speakers for each string."

Wall of Sound (Grateful Dead) - Wikipedia

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Hahaha yes!! Big Brown! An absolute beast of a bass, played by a beast of a player. So good. The melted chunk of brass for a tailpiece. Perfect.

The Wall of Sound days were insane. Check out the Wiki some time when you have a moment. Pretty cool stuff. The Dead were trying some really interesting things on the electronics front. Though, imagine Bill on drums, sitting under that cabinet. That very very heavy cabinet. Slightly scary.

"Phil Lesh's bass was piped through a quadraphonic encoder that sent signals from each of the four strings to a separate channel and set of speakers for each string."

Wall of Sound (Grateful Dead) - Wikipedia

Read it, fascinating stuff. e.g. the part about dual mics for amplifying voice without feedback. The main part starts with "After Stanley got out of prison in late 1972...". That's my kind of article, that's my kind of audio engineer. At some point I should see/hear the wall of sound as it is immortalized in the documentary.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I know... I said goodbye to most things metal. But this is so Bungle-esque Iluvit.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I like the obvious Patton-esque influence here... thanks for the discovering.

Reaction score
So yet again I demonstrate my penchant for the haunting and atmospheric with Thomas Dolby’s 2012 live version of One of Our Submarines-

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
George Constantinou again. He's playing a P bass. It works!

Last edited:

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
- "You can't play heavy enough with a Tele with singlecoils..."

- Bitch, please...

Top Bottom