Unreasonable Late Arrival Of Warwick Company

Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Can be removed

Hi everyone this is Sarp,

I'm writing that topic because of Warwick's ridicilous freewheeling. I purchased a Warwick bass from Zuhal Muzik (Warwick's Turkish Dealar, a foreign trade company) and I paid all amount three months ago, but Warwick's commisioners are always delaying the shipment of the bass. At first, they said, they will be able to ship it on the 3th week of February, then they changed the shipment date to first week of March, and now they say it can be shipped between 15th and 20th of March, but I don't trust this new date that Warwick gave me because of my previous experience. I'm an internal student and I've got to change my ticket to Athens for three times. I went to Zuhal Muzik's central, they showed me the correspondences with Warwick, and now I see the dealar is not at fault. I've thought Warwick Company was a serious and prestigious trademark, but I'm thinking that Warwick is fooling me so far from being a prestigious company. And now I suffer a loss for 500 Euros because of Warwick's unreasonable late arrivals via changing of airline tickets for three times. And if it goes like that I think I'll be able to play my bass in next 10 years. What a shame on Warwick!

All the best,

Sarp Senbaslar
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Samuel,

When I call Warwick's Foreign Trade Department (Germany), a woman just could say me "Call your own dealar" with her very stange and obscure semi English - semi German, she was far away from understanding my name and surname even. And now I find no way out beacuse of Warwick's nonliability.
 
Hi Sarp,

We are a small factory, and sometimes delays happens when we have more orders.
As far as I understand, we are talking about one month delay, which is not something out of the line for an instrument manufacturer. I think you prefer a well built instrument, than an instrument built in hurry.

If you ask me, your dealer did a mistake here, because they cannot guarantee you 100% the delivery time, especially in the Frankfurt/ NAMM time... So they should of told you that the delivery date can be not 100% accurate. Delays do happen from time to time, most of the time in the first months of the year. So it is somehow their fault that you lost Airplane money...
The emails between them and us are somehow private.

You will have your bass soon, don't worry :-)

Take care,
Flo
 
Hi Flo,

My bass' list price was 3600 Euros. One ticket Ankara to Athens is 220 Euros, when I change the ticket I lost %75 of ticket's amount automatically. If I change the ticket for 3 times, it means I've lost 465 Euros. And I see no need to explain missed gigs because of Warwick's nonliability. I think it's enough to explain my deficit.

Best,

Sarp
 
Yes, but do understand that a dealer should tell you that the delivery date is informative, and it is not always 100% accurate. I am Romania's distributor, and I never tell to any custommer - "Hey, buy the tickets, the bass will be 100% here"

Sorry Tura, it is our fault that sometimes delays happens (from various reasons), but it is your dealer's fault that you lost the money. He should never give you a 100% date, only if he has the bass in stock.
 
Hey Sarp

Sorry, but wouldn't you make a phone call or email to the dealer first or have them contact you when the bass arrives BEFORE booking a flight? I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, but just curious.

Thanks
 
Hi Lex,

I've ordered the bass on 10th January, at first the arrival date was 25th of January, than it changed three times. As I've said before, I'm an internal master degree student in Athens but I'm living in Turkey, and I must take my graduate thesis on 19th March deadline. When I call Warwick foreign trade department Germany via phone the woman could not understand my name and surname evenly with her Germanic English, far from understanding my problem. When I try to write an e-mail I could not reach any commisioner in customer support. And now I ask myself what the hell I'm doing in here because of Warwick's nonliability. I believe that if I'm ready to pay 3600 Euros right now, Warwick should be ready to deliver my bass to me on time that they've given to me. At first late arrival I've said "ok sometimes things can not go on way, delays may occure." but this late arrivals repeated 3 times. And I'm suffering mentally and financially. I think this explanation satisfies your curiosity.
 
Not entirely true my friend.

Your dealer gave you the delivery date, not Warwick.

A normal delivery date for Romania, which is in EU is 6 to 8 weeks. That's a normal delivery. In January, sometimes delays happens, and your distributor knows it. So add to this time 2 weeks because it is Turkey, different transit, customs, etc, and add 2 weeks to be sure, and you end by a delivery date of 10 to 12 weeks for your bass in Turkey.

This is normal...

Warwick does not sell directly to the end user. You have no direct business with Germany. You have to ask your right to your dealer, and he needs to solve his problems with Turkish Distributor, and the distributor with Germany.

As far as I see, your dealer was not 100% fair with you about the delivery date. Just ask anybody on this forum, and you'll see that a normal delivery date for a NT warwick is 3 months. We know it, your dealer knows it too...

;-)

It is nothing unusual here, just a dealer that was not at all realistic with the delivery date. Your bass will be ready soon, and you will be happy :-)


Please understand that this is not a problem between you and Germany, because you don't deal with Germany... And the delivery tames still looks normal if you ask me.
 
It almost sounds like the dealer gave you a false date to maybe get money from you quicker.

I agree with Lex on making sure it is at your dealer before hopping on a plane.

I understand your frustration, though.
 
Why not just have the dealer ship the bass to you in Athens on it's arrival,rather than cancel plane tickets?This seems like a far cheaper solution.
 
Hi Greg,

Yes I know that's another way, but it means two times customs charge (according to Turkish Statute of Customs it will come up to 720 Euros, and I guess that Greece's Statute of Customs would be same: %20 of total amount), and I know something too with that issue, "I do will not give a penny from now on". As a commercial lawyer I can say that it's the fault of Warwick or the distributor which is chosen by Warwick and which has a commercial treatment with Warwick. And the new charges may occure in the future about this issue should be paid by those, because it's not my fault.The only fault of mine was dealing as a honest customer. If I'm ready to pay all amount as a customer, Warwick or its distributor should keep their promises. Isn't it my fundamental right from a covenent? If I was a baleful one, I have already made a plea for my privative compensations and demanded all deficits with past due interests from this covenent. It's a really simple job for me. Please be just everyone, the same attitude would have happened to you! I do not demand anything and the only reason to share my experience is to inform new buyers in the future.

Sarp
 
This is 100% true, the dealer should keep the promises. So he should be very careful in the future about what he can promise... If he doesn't have the bass in stock, he should give an informative date, not a 100% sure date, because many things can happen untill the bass is there. Including shipping problems...

I don't think your dealer tried to fool you, maybe he didn't knew about possible delays. From our standards, your bass is still in time...

I am sorry this happened to you my friend, I hope you will have your bass soon!

Please keep us informed!

Best regards,

Flo
 
(imho) You have every right to be angry Tura.... tho I don't think your anger should be aimed at Warwick...
dunno bout da laws in your country of course, but you made an agreement with da guys from Zuhal's Musik...
THEY promised ya that ya could pick up da bass at a certain date...you did your half of da agreement (pay) so now
it's up to them to do their half...and that is: deliver da bass on da date you both agreed upon...
How they (da shop) further arrange things with Warwick is actually not your business (anymore)...That they've showed
ya their corresopondence with Warwick is just a weak and unfair way to cover themselves from their
own mistakes ...
 
Dear Rob,

I know very well there would be no agreement between me and Warwick directly, but in that case I questionize "How The Warwick Company set only one distributorship agreement in Turkey if those kinda affairs may occur and foreign customers may suffer?". The main issue I chafe to Warwick is that. In default whereof I'm a Warwick enthusiast for years. I don't think giving a brief to distributors about prices, delivery times, customer support and elses can be knotty thing, if you set an agreement which contents approximately half a million dollars above all. And I don't think setting a distributorship agreement is a quite easy thing like going to market and buying candies.

This issue exceedingly get on my nerves in any case.

All the best,

Sarp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sarp,

I can imagine that this thing is getting on ya nerves buddy...
But I honestly think you should go talking with a manager of da shop...they're da ones who made da agreement with ya...
they promised a date of arrival...they didn't call ya to say da bass would arrive later...they're da ones who made da mistakes...
so imho they should agree with a little less profit on this bass and give ya a refund ... cause in fact da only thing they have to do is order
a bass and then simply pass it thru to you... bet there is 'enuff space' between da price ya payed and da purchase price of da bass for
da shop...
Things may have gone wrong between Warwick and da distributor, but I fully agree with ya that ya shouldn't be da victim of that...
 
Hi Sarp,

It has already been said by others in this thread, but I will reiterate.

It's quite normal for a new Warwick to take some months. They're a small factory, and build high quality basses - not basses churned out in a rush.

Your dealer should not ever have promised you a delivery date until he has the bass in his shop. He should know that. Any speculative delivery times received by your dealer are estimates only.

Your only grip here is directly with your dealer.

My advice to you is to cancel your tickets, wait until the dealer confirms he has your bass in stock, then book a ticket to go and pick it up. That is the only sensible solution.

Peace!

:d
 
Unfortunately not. 10 days passed by the last delivering time (the fifth delivering time and I don't have my bass). Today is the 72nd day of latency.
 
Pffffffff....I can't believe this is da way things normally go...:(
In fact I have da same sort of problem: brought my Bass Pod Live XT to have it repaired to an 'authorized' dealer/shop in october last year...
Believe me, I've called da shop many times... but da only thing they can tell me is that they sent my Pod back to da manufacturer and so there's
only one thing that I can do: be patient ...and wait:@
Now I've decided to sent da manufacturer (Line 6) a letter by recorded delivery (certified mail)...
Dunno if this'll help, but in this letter I explain once again da whole situation and that I hold em responsible for all da costs and da inconvience
that I got for not being able to use da thing for such a long time... But above all I really want to know if they aren't feeling any shame about how
thingz went so far...
Haven't had a reply of em yet, tho I sent da letter almost two weex ago...:confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top