Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

The Heads Up Thread

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by Grgzilla, Jan 12, 2010.

By Grgzilla on Jan 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM
  1. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

I'm not affiliated with the sellers & cant vouch for their integrity & honesty,so please,BE VERY CAREFULL!!!
    I came across this Star Bass 2 bubinga for $1849US
    WARWICK STAR II 4 BASS GUITAR BUBINGA STORE DEMO MODEL - eBay (item 160361805692 end time Feb-07-10 13:13:44 PST)

& this Buzzard that still hasnt reached it's reserve.
    BUZZARD by Warwick 4 string bass - eBay (item 180455323778 end time Jan-18-10 10:26:19 PST)

Curtis,I usually dont link ebay adds here,but wouldnt be able to forgive myself if you came in here saying,"if only I knew about this".;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010

Comments

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by Grgzilla, Jan 12, 2010.

• Tags:
    1. Hardy
      Hardy
    2. warwickhunt
      warwickhunt
      Crazy price. To correct the modifications are easily reversed and hidden!
      Hardy likes this.
    3. DiMarco
    4. Hardy
    5. Stainless
      Stainless
    6. DiMarco
    7. Hardy
      Hardy
      The Thumb is already gone. No wonder.
    8. Gnermo
      Gnermo
      Wow, i was going to ask you to purchase it for me :(;)
    9. Gnermo
    10. Gnermo
    11. Hardy
    12. Chemojay
      Chemojay
      Kinda thinking about selling or trading my 99 CS Dolphin 5. Neck through 7 piece birds eye maple body with wenge tone block and neck. 7 piece neck. Not really sure what I would trade for unless was a 6 string neck through Dolphin. Not sure there are many of those. Never been a fan of the string spacing on this 5 coming from the wide spacing of the 4 string. It is in the same good shape it was as when I got it. I think it may be one of the CJ or DJ basses, an infamous guy who had a serious thing for Dolphins and apparently the bank roll to order a bunch of custom shop ones, or he fell into all of them not sure really. I would honestly like to hear the story from the horses mouth himself. Like did you go on a Dolphin bender. Did you have explaining to do. Are you a serious famous bassist we don't know about. But, if your a Dolphin fan and haven't scoured the internet for those pics you have a fun and enjoyable task today. Heck they may be here in the forum somewhere he had between 7-10 or something at one point. If this isn't one that was his, it is a sister made right along side it or after it.
      I also have a Tobias CS shop 6 string with elaborate fret board inlay and 9 piece neck I am looking to off load, although not necessarily here. I just don't play them and would rather use them to get my ideal Warwick 6 string dolphin.
    13. DiMarco
    14. DiMarco
    15. warwickhunt
      warwickhunt
      7 string Dolphin... my brain (and eyes) hurt!
      Hardy likes this.
    16. DiMarco
      DiMarco
      Built for Korg Japan. I do believe the wildest of custom shop models mostly exist over there.
      Hardy likes this.
    17. Chemojay
      Chemojay
      I like the design of the 7. Would prefer to stick to a 6 setup though. It is wild. Great looking wood. If I were going to go that route I would not pick lizzard either. Nice though.
    18. CeeJ
      CeeJ
      Ha! Send me pics... Might be one of my old girls... Would love to bring her home again if so!!

I had 8 of them at the same time at one point around 2006-2007.

I sold my #1 Original MINT Dolphin Boire 5 Sting to Madrakett when he was in the hospital, Divorce, Ecomomy crash, hit at the same time that is why I had to let go of may of my basses. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ONE ... I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

The picks were under my Yaakyar - Photobucket under the folder Pod of Dolphins - I cannot seem to find or access those and the original digital files are long since gone

Playing the Dolphin bass is one of my favorite things~ It feels and fits perfect. The reason that I had so many was because at the time I could.
      I did have a B-Artist relationship with Warwick via Dana B. Goods and that relationship was what made some of them possible including a few customs.
      My 8 String in Sparkle Purple paint and Gold Hardware was actually originally built for one of the Nelson Twins - hair band NELSON.
      I had the opportunity to purchase it, had never seen an 8 string in person and or heard it's magic. It was also the first Dolphin that I ever saw and once I had it, the partnership was sealed....

Each bass that I owned was different in wood or strings. 4,5,8, & Fretless various woods... Zebrano, Boire, Birdseye Maple.
      I had the 4 & 5 String versions of the Maple.
      I'm actually on the hunt for a 4 string fretless right now as I type...

Anyone??

Hit me with a DM, some pics, and your asking price.
      Trigger fingers standing by...

Kindly,

-CJ

19. Chemojay
      Chemojay
      Wow CeeJ the man himself is awoken from the dead. I didn't know you were here and to be honest was never 100% on your name. But I may have those pics saved somewhere on a hard drive as I checked them out quite a few times admiring them all. Since around whenever you were able to make repeatable auto search, I have been auto searching Warwick, Dolphin, 6-string, bass, -fish, -boat, -fishing. And I have gotten interesting results over the years. But your pod of Dolphins was one or the great results that it found for me. I envied your collection many times. I am pretty sure I have your Maple 5 string.

I thought for the longest time my 93, or 95 damn I can't remember the year mine was made off hand now. One of the problems of getting old huh. Well I thought it was boire for the longest time but Mr. Wilfer looked it up for me and said it was ovangkol I think. IDK I have the email somewhere. Jeez I am having a moment with memory. Doesn't matter. I agree I love the Dolphin. I like the string spacing on the 4 string the best. The two I have sound close but still way different. I honestly love my 4 string. Its my go to love this bass kinda feeling. The 5 string feels the same. It just has an extra string. Which has always thrown me off. Like going to a 6 string for my brain has always been easier than going to a 5. Hence my rather general post inquiring about 6 string Dolphins.

I am still kind of partial to the old construction standards which would in today's price be somewhere in the range of 11k for a CS now with the 7 piece neck and ressesd strap locks. Just being a few things I can think of now I would want on a CS 6 sting. But honestly I haven't played a newer made Warwick. I don't know and can't say that they aren't as good as the ones when mine/ours where made 20+ years ago. But something about instruments, the older the better. Does that even hold true anymore. I'd love to go to the Gallery in Nashville sometime but I hear it's not as much of a gallery anymore. I contacted someone at the Nashville location to see about getting my 4 string inspected and electronics gone thru. (look for other posts I made about catching the 4 string on fire, you may find it humorous) I left a few message but never got a call back. Anyway I would like to play some of the new stuff with the 3 piece necks and maybe a bolt on or two. I have always really want to find one of those Fortresses for around 95. They are out there but I have never found the one I wanted, at the right time, at the right price. So I don't know that they aren't as good as our old handmade one at a time basses like ours. But if I get one, I want one hand made, like my old one, out of the wood like my old one if possible (not same slab but type ya know). I am definitely not going out and doing the go play a bunch of new basses thing right now.
      Anyway, I will quit going on about shit that don't matter.
      I'll take some pics of the 5 string and send them to ya soon. If it is not yours it is one they built right after yours just to build another. Thanks for the conversation. This has been years in the making. lol. Cool random internet shit.
    20. DiMarco
      DiMarco