The FUZZ thread

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
8,245
Reaction score
5,472
I wonder if there is already a dedicated fuzz thread in the forum…

Anyway, here is my clean, I mean, my fuzz tone…

 
I use a Wooly Mammoth clone for fuzz usually, or a Boss PW-2 or but i'm not too fond of it. Got a bunch of OD's and distortions though.
 

Au contraire mon frère​

In my book a regular big muff, the bass big muff, the (non-bass) big muff 2 all completely effing suck for bass compared to a Green Russian or its many clones for instance.
So no, not every Big Muff with a low control is good for bass. At all.
 

Au contraire mon frère​

In my book a regular big muff, the bass big muff, the (non-bass) big muff 2 all completely effing suck for bass compared to a Green Russian or its many clones for instance.
So no, not every Big Muff with a low control is good for bass. At all.
I want to try the Op Amp Muff (orange one), from what I’ve heard on demos that could be very nice on bass.
 

Au contraire mon frère​

In my book a regular big muff, the bass big muff, the (non-bass) big muff 2 all completely effing suck for bass compared to a Green Russian or its many clones for instance.
So no, not every Big Muff with a low control is good for bass. At all.
You just named three big muffs with no low end or any way to control it. Like i said, any big muff clone with a knob that controls the low end is fine for bass.
 
I want to try the Op Amp Muff (orange one), from what I’ve heard on demos that could be very nice on bass.
One of my guitarists in the band uses it, I can try it out for bass, but i doubt that it will serve me better than the Red Muck with the Blend option.
 
TBH, I do not like fuzz on bass at all. On guitar it can work for solos tho.
Bass needs a hint of overdrive/distortion nothing more. But then again I'm an oldskool geezer.
 
My favourite is the Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold, which isnt even a fuzz, but they do demo it here. They are even using a Warwick! (and they demo a big muff with a low end mod lololol)
 
Last edited:
The Red Ripper, a pedal I’ve always wanted to own but it’s almost impossible to find, at least in this side of the world…

 
There's one for 37.50 on a FAKE musicshop website. URL was registered a couple of months ago. Don't fall for the scam.
 
There's one for 37.50 on a FAKE musicshop website. URL was registered a couple of months ago. Don't fall for the scam.
I guess I’d think it smells very fishy if I find a Red Ripper for less than 100€…
 
Back
Top