Stryker

Reaction score
I have notices nobody has ever posted a single picture of a stryker or has reviewed its sound or something. Does anybody have one? and if no one has one, why is it that you dont get one?

Reaction score
Oliver tested one/some a while ago. I believe he was very impressed with the Stryker. Me, I'm not really into radically shaped basses, and these days, I prefer 5 stringers. :D

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hey mike,

There are two reasons not many have the Striker. It is only with 4 strings, and most of Warwick fans are into 5- 6 strings. And it it's an expensive bass.
I've tested it myself, and it is in my top 5. Except... I play 5 stringers only :)
Has a very old school, funk- rock sound, warm, round, still cutting. Mid heavy. I love it :) I love any bass with mirrored P configuration anyway...

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
It's not a very original design to begin with IMO, and it is a look limited to metal, so I'm not a big fan. But when I visited Dana B. Goods back in September, Tyler showed me this rare fretless beauty (they've since switched to a Buzzard-style headstock with mother-of-pearl Stryker logo):

jay

Reaction score
I love them and I only play 4 stringers, but it's a money thing. If I was going to spend that much I would definitely look at a Stryker, but I honestly don't see me ever spending that kind on money on an instrument...

Reaction score
Yeah, its pretty expensive :( Maybe a Rockbass version would be great since rockbasses are really good instruments for the price. What do you think about this guys?

Reaction score
mikerdz said:
Yeah, its pretty expensive :( Maybe a Rockbass version would be great since rockbasses are really good instruments for the price. What do you think about this guys?

+1 to the rockbass idea.

Reaction score
I think an issue also has to do with the intended audience for the bass. It's an Entwistle bass. But he never played a Warwick like that, all his basses that shape were Alembics. Entwistle fans rabid enough to buy a bass just 'cause it looks like one he played would prolly insist on the Alembic.

Reaction score
I really want one, but I can't afford one, and if it is in a case, it wont fit in my car as it is too long. :(

Reaction score
the ziricote stryker is one of the best basses i've ever played, although unlike florin i think it makes it's way into my top three...

it has an incredible tone and has a VERY mid heavy tone. it really is an incredible bass

Top Bottom