No flight cases with 2016 CS basses

Reaction score
I would like an all-black or even the limited red vamp to go with it.
Or that all black infinity I've heard rumours of around here... that would look nice in a coffin case!! well, anything would look nice in a coffin case.

...I'm such a goth, hahaha.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Or that all black infinity I've heard rumours of around here... that would look nice in a coffin case!/QUOTE]

This one?

image.jpg

Reaction score
Real Name
Adam
Looks like the "premium" Casket Bag's design did not have the zipper placement issue like the standard Rockbag RokTex ones. Zipper well above the body and some extra padding at the straplock it looks like.

I think I want this...

And as a bonus, it looks like you get a lovely Vamp with it :lol::lol::lol:

Where do I get one!

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
the bag looks really nice... but still not going to be enough to withstand flying :(

Plus, it would be kinda pointless to get that for my custom shop since the headstock rest wouldn't fit with the short scale neck. The case would be loose. unless warwick make different sizes?

I'd buy a Mono guitar bag for a short-scale bass and use that for carry-on. No bag is going to stand up to flying (if you're meaning putting it under the plane) - You need something like a Gator or Anvil for that. I'll never check an instrument again! Haha. Carry-on, only.

Reaction score
My bass wouldn't be small enough to take on the plane... Only my pedalboard fits the carry on requirements. Big lumpy flight case will have to do I guess.

I had a coffin hard case I flew with once but ended up getting rid of the case because it was impractical for flying. I need to resist temptation to get another coffin flight case now haha.

It's so awkward to carry because it's significantly wider/heavier on one side more than just the bass weight inside, and also, it doesn't tesselate into a van well when you're taking it to venues haha!

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
My bass wouldn't be small enough to take on the plane... Only my pedalboard fits the carry on requirements. Big lumpy flight case will have to do I guess.

I had a coffin hard case I flew with once but ended up getting rid of the case because it was impractical for flying. I need to resist temptation to get another coffin flight case now haha.

It's so awkward to carry because it's significantly wider/heavier on one side more than just the bass weight inside, and also, it doesn't tesselate into a van well when you're taking it to venues haha!

I understand. Most airlines in the states let you carry your instrument on in a gig bag, even though it doesn't meet standard carry-on bag size requirements. Sometimes, when you are planning to carry it on the plane, you are forced to gate-check it if there's "no room" in the cabin (usually an arbitrary decision made by an airline employee so they feel like they are in charge of something), but most of the time, you can just put it in the closet where people hang suits/jackets.

It's always a gamble, though: check the instrument under the plane with it in a flight case, and risk theft/damage/loss, or attempt to carry it on while risking being forced to gate-check it, sending it down below with all the other luggage wearing only a gig bag. This is why I ended up getting beater Warwicks for fly dates.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes! any more pics? Is it yours? :D

No gold hardware Shelby....so I 'm gonna say, not his :lol:

And remember....when trying to get an answer out of Hardy, you sometimes need to bring snacks....

Here's a recent photo of Schlo visting Hardy's basement.
600full-the-goonies-screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
Luckily I have 3 flightcases. I always take my basses in the cases when I'm gigging since we often, or at least a couple of times, have to work with stagehands / staff that doesn't care much about what you're carrying. We also often use vans and trailers, transporting PA, lights and stuff. I really like to know my stuff in the cases.
For rehearsals although, the Rockbag will get the job done.

Sean Fairchild

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Ex: Wickinseatle
These looked and felt very nice in person. Not stiff like a Contego unfortunately, but that's not to be expected in a bag like this. It's definitely a bag, and a high-quality one - not a case or hybrid.

2016-01-23 11.14.22.jpg

Curtis

Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)
Reaction score
I've seen those leather bags at the NAMM and they're really pretty! And well made. Inside is great too.

I'd prefer such a leather bag over a flightcase. A SKB-ish case or a soft case is great too.

I have two old heavy Warwick flightcases and they are in storage. Even empty they feel like there's a bass inside it. The new lighter ones (I used to have one) was almost as heavy. With buying my last Warwick I asked for a normal bag instead of a flightcase.....

Reaction score
Warwick flight cases are heavy as hell and fall apart. As was said, they're fine for shipping or a bus, but for actual fly dates, I'd be looking into Anvil or SKB. A nice, padded leather (is it real leather?) gig bag will be much more useful, and won't be a huge eyesore sitting in your spare room or garage.

Disclaimer: I did have one of the old ones get destroyed by Delta Airlines, and the NT $$ Corvette I had inside was safe and sound. Still would rather have a composite case.

OLi9Th.jpg

XI3UIh.jpg

yXSgPh.jpg

zQ1TLh.jpg

WPOpLh.jpg

Glad to know your bass survived. My 1979 Stratocater managed to survey a Delta Airlines flight with no damage to guitar or case, but that's the only time I checked it. The other times I managed to sweet talk the stewardess into storing it somewhere in the cabin. In some cases it was in the garment bag locker, sometimes on the floor of an empty seat row.

So, my new Thumb NT 5 came with a leather gig bag instead of the flight case, but I already had a couple of the Rock Cases. But with regard to your testimony, I might be better served with an Anvil. I had one of those for a Gibson Firebird Reverse and it was really nice, very heavy and a bit bulkier than the Warwick variety. Still, it would probably be worth it for an expensive bass.

Nevertheless I insure my equipment.

The one that got away-- the green tag is from Delta Flight 88 from DFW, Texas to Bermuda

1979 Stratocaster.jpg

Top Bottom