MEC vs. Bartolini

Reaction score
I must say that in studio, the best unprocessed bass sound I got was with a Thumb NT6 with barts...

Reaction score
They accentuate quite a lot the 800 Hz frequency and they have quite a significant roll off after 2k Hz. People say they sound woodier and more organic, I call it "round". No edge and the impact is smooth. Good for acoustic stuff. But, I prefer something with more impact, so I prefer the std MEC pickups.

Boxy, well it was to say they sound more like an acoustic instrument to my ears. The low mids sound airy and without the impact that I'm looking for.
"woody and organic" describes mine very well. Sounds fantastic for jazz. Nice having the choice between the 2, that and "growly and aggressive" with the MECs.

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
`

They [Barts] accentuate quite a lot the 800 Hz frequency and they have quite
a significant roll off after 2k Hz. People say they sound woodier and more organic,
I call it "round". No edge and the impact is smooth. Good for acoustic stuff. But,
I prefer something with more impact, so I prefer the std MEC pickups.

Boxy, well it was to say they sound more like an acoustic instrument to my ears.
The low mids sound airy and without the impact that I'm looking for.

Coolth. Now I have some specs, esplaining just WHY they're so right for me :)

Reaction score
They accentuate quite a lot the 800 Hz frequency and they have quite a significant roll off after 2k Hz. People say they sound woodier and more organic, I call it "round".

Tip, the three band Bartolini preamp with a switchable mid-frequency, you can select 800hz, and boost or cut at will, and it's a great frequeny to cut for bedroom tone, or boost in a band setting :)

Reaction score
They accentuate quite a lot the 800 Hz frequency and they have quite a significant roll off after 2k Hz. People say they sound woodier and more organic, I call it "round". No edge and the impact is smooth. Good for acoustic stuff. But, I prefer something with more impact, so I prefer the std MEC pickups.

Boxy, well it was to say they sound more like an acoustic instrument to my ears. The low mids sound airy and without the impact that I'm looking for.

Hello I'm from the future..:)

I'll take 800 hz over low mids (400-ish hz) any day

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Zombiethreadtime? I love these! Not as sterile and cold sounding as MEC pups.

1625695409990.png

Top Bottom