let's get this over with...

Reaction score
You all are going to HATE me. I absolutely hated the strings that my wick came with: Black Labels. They were so sticky! I needed a quick cure, so I searched around TB. Everyone suggested using baby powder on the strings to make them more playable. Worked like a charm!

BUT!

tiny bits baby powder is STUCK in the wenge fingerboard! It's barely noticable, but it really looks gross when you're looking for it. I sat in my room for an hour with a toothbrush, and emerged unsuccessful. I actually made it worse! Now my beautiful $$'s fingerboard has blotchy (but again, barely noticable) white spots! What do I do!?!?

Reaction score
Get some lemon oil & give the fingerbaord a light spray,then wipe it over with a soft,clean cloth.Repeat if necessary.
Nobody's going to hate you because you dont like Warwick strings mate.Alot of us wouldnt dream of using them,& much prefer other brands.Personally,I dont like black labels,or EMP's either.I'd rather the yellow labels.There's alot of brands of string out there,it's just a matter of finding "yours".

Reaction score
I will definitely give that a try! thank you!

Reaction score
Personally,I dont like black labels,or EMP's either.

+1, i was actually kinda disappointed with the black label strings, they didn't really do anything for me.

But hey, think we've got enough threads about strings, don't need to make this in to another one ;)

Reaction score
But hey, think we've got enough threads about strings, don't need to make this in to another one ;)

Sure, sure. I was actually saying you guys would hate me for getting lil bits of baby powder in the crevices of the wenge hahaha!

rusty

Fatburger bassist
Reaction score
Lather, rinse & repeat!!!

Wenge can be a bugger to get talc out of... I feel for you brother.

Rusty

Top Bottom