dillema (sort of)

Reaction score
So this streamer I'm trying to get by unloading one of my "other" brand basses is residing next to a corvette standard in the music shop. I'm already sold on the streamer, but wondered how you felt about the corvette. It's of the active variety. I have an FNA Jazzman vette and love the way it plays and hangs in the perfect playing position, so I was curious.

Reaction score
hello mate
i've just traded a Streamer lx 4 for a Corvette $$ 4 & i much prefer the Corvette for look,sound & playingness :D

( in fact my old Streamer is now on ebay via Rock Steady Music.)

jay

Reaction score
Vette

I have liked every active vette that I have played!

Reaction score
I have a swamp-ash FNA Jazzman Corvette and I love the feel of it!

Reaction score
Me too, I have 4, 5 and 6-stringed Vettes and they all have their personality and plays great!

Reaction score
This is a nice dilema to have.

I'm very happy with my Corvette, but play them both for a while, and maybe listen to them from across the room while someone else plays them. These are two great basses and it just comes down to which one sounds/feels better to you.

Reaction score
I'm a Streamer man, but Corvette Standards are fantastic basses. I'd slap some EMGs in it and then you'll be in heaven.

Jake

Reaction score
Mr Rabble said:
Which Streamer is that?
It's an active '93 streamer bolt on with the P/J pickups. It has a flamed maple neck unlike any I've seen. it's obviously used, but plays real nice... The color is horrible, but that's purely cosmetic. I'm going to end up getting it... Who am I kidding???!?

O

odominguez

Mala. You are soo right. We always end up doing it. But I own a Streamer LX Jazzman 5-strings custom and I relly love the sound on it. I think its sound it's amazing. The body shape really works for me and it's not as heavy as m thumb. I really like this bass. I never got used to the corvette, but it's a matter of what you think is best for you and the sound you're trying to get out of your instrument, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Reaction score
Yes, we have different feelings about our instruments and it's easy to get the poison into your blood stream. Many people say that "why all these basses, you can only play one instrument at the time...?" and now I'm going deep (this is gonna be a long post). For me the basses have different meanings. I used to be a guitar pro long time ago. After breaking my neck I didn't touch an instrument in over 10 years because of mental blocking - not being able to play as I did before. When I discovered the bass it was like coming home. I still have problems with the motor function in the hands but my basses let me express myself as I cannot do with any other instrument. I can even say that I am a better bass player because of the variety of basses I own, simply because every instrument trigger a different emotion. I've seen a lot of what life is about and how fragile it is so I have decided to skip the pension plan and invest it in basses instead. It gives you so much more fun during the time and you can always sell them (or can you really...?)

Shit, what this deep?

To end this, I own more than Warwick basses and I run a distribution for another brand but more like a hobby in order to finance my basses. The Warwicks are my work horses and they never let me down. Some of the other instruments will never leave their home because I could never replace them. I've opened a post searching for more Limited Warwicks. Please give me a hint if you are planning to sell.

(and this was written, not in the night after a whiskey or two but in the morning after coffee) :roll:

Reaction score
Thats a very touching post mats,very very well said.I really enjoyed reading it.

greg.

Reaction score
Right on!! That was the best post I've read on any message board. Hat's off to Mala for that. I don't really know how to put it any better than you did. I definitely agree on differing emotions with different basses too.

Reaction score
beautiful and inspiring post mats! and i can somewhat relate to it. i too used to play guitar as my main instrument, but a few years ago i sank deeper and deeper into a depression and stopped playing completely. then finally one day i bought a cheap bass and things just "clicked" and it totally felt like i had found what i needed to express myself and now music is as fun as it should be. like you said; it felt like coming home!

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess that bass people are special, and of course the coolest people in the band :D

Top Bottom