So what GAS have you turned into matter lately?

Reaction score
Finally ordered a new cell phone, after carrying around my old SE K750 (defect camera, but speaker) and Nokia 5630 (defect speaker, but camera) for about 6 months. Samsung Wave 8500 finally got to the sales bin:
Samsung_Waves_8500.jpg

Reaction score
Warwick Corvette Ash STD Fretless + Warwick CCL ND 4 + Warwick WCA 115 Pro = One very happy Luke!

... I'm afraid to leave the house in case I miss a delivery!

:d

:lol:

Reaction score
Warwick Corvette Ash STD Fretless + Warwick CCL ND 4 + Warwick WCA 115 Pro = One very happy Luke!

... I'm afraid to leave the house in case I miss a delivery!

:d

That sounds great. Where did you get the 'vette from?

And haven't got rather too many amps now? I mean: you've got twice as many amps as basses, right?

Yep, you're right: I'm jealous! :lol:

Reaction score
Haha! :lol:

Yes - you're right... I have too many amps :d

I found the Fretless Ash 'Vette at Absolute Music in the UK - It's the same year (2009) as my Fretted Ash 'Vette - they haven't met yet, but they're practically brother and sister! I know they'll be happy together.

Reaction score
Ah, yes, that Absolute one kept popping up on my regular searches for fretless Wicks. It didn't float my boat, so I'm glad it's on its way to a happy home with you!

Actually, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the differences between all your different amps - a comparative review would be great if you have the time!

Reaction score
Absolute had a white lined fretless with passive pickups - they said a special edition... I thought maybe a CS bass?

The other one they had was a natural oil finish Corvette STD Ash Active - that's the one I grabbed.

The white one looked nice, but the natural oil finish is a fine twin for my fretted Corvette.

;)

Good idea about the review - I could do a review like that.

When I have a day with nothing to do I'll put something together.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Started to put together a home recording studio in my spare bedroom. Got an Acer laptop to start, Tascam US1641 10 cannel interface, Zoom controller, M-Audio monitors, some headphones and 15 mics. Most on clearance. The SM 7B was the most expensive at $350 but it's a staple vocal mic. Mic stands, cables. Also got a hammered dulcimer, hang drum and keyboard. This was amassed over the past year mind, not the last week. And it all came to less than a new CS wick.

Reaction score
Absolute had a white lined fretless with passive pickups - they said a special edition... I thought maybe a CS bass?

The other one they had was a natural oil finish Corvette STD Ash Active - that's the one I grabbed.

The white one looked nice, but the natural oil finish is a fine twin for my fretted Corvette.

;)

Good idea about the review - I could do a review like that.

When I have a day with nothing to do I'll put something together.

;)

I had my eye on that white one for a while. It is an SE - they had two and there are a couple of shops in Germany that still have them. That was the inspiration for my Rockbass makeover. Normally I like natural wood but something about that just really appealed.

The ash fretless was originally going for some silly price - £1500 or something - which also put me off! But yeah, your set-up will look great with your twin basses!

Oh, the things I'll do when I have a spare day ... enough for at least a week, I think! So I did kind of have my tongue in my cheek when I asked. But still, if that spare day ever comes ....

Reaction score
Yeah - that white SE Corvette is tempting... I checked it out last night at Warwick's website - it looks stunning!!!

I actually considered grabbing both! :lol:

It was a tough choice... very tough indeed!

;)

Oh! GAS is a terrible affliction ;)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Update from my last post: The Ashdown 410 cab has arrived, not the MAG one, but an ABM model, really nice. :)

Reaction score
A Streamer Stage II 5 string, an Orange Bass Terror head and an EBS 2x12 Neo cab.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just ordered me a nice hifi set scale media player in the shape of this:

3638744_d662c154b9.png

I have copied all my cd's to flac files and all my dvd's to mkv files. This baby is gonna play my music/films in the living room, my PC will be playing those files @ the home studio/attic. I won't have to drag all my cd's and dvd's around the house anymore.

It plays 1080p video of any format and audio files of just about any format. silvery discs are history @ DiMarco manor.

Good times.

Reaction score
3 EBS pedals, the new editions: multicomp, octabass and unichorus. Plus a Gator padeltote and an Artec powerbrick.

And a Samsung Galaxy S.

And lots of Bjorn Borg underwear...

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Burning through my paychecks (and my GAS) lately to get:

For my lady friend (guitarist):
Schecter Devil Spine guitar (definitely her style, gotta love the EMG 81)
MXR Fullbore Metal effects pedal (really awesome industrial/black metal guitar distortion petal, like a steel can o' angry hornets!)
Coffin Case G-185 guitar case
Shure SRH440 studio headphones
Dunlop guitar strap
Ultex Jazz III, 1.0 and 1.14 picks (I really like the Jazz IIIs, by the way)
Monster Rock guitar cable

For me:
Mackie 402-VLZ3 Compact Audio Mixer
Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface
Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones
Monster Bass guitar cable
EBS MicroBass II Bass preamp pedal (FINALLY!!!)

Oh, I also bought some wood, speaker carpet and spray adhesive and made an amp case for my Pro Fet 5.1! Fun and easy project.

Now I just need to stop spending money on gear and play my bass!

Although, that EBS Multicomp looks kinda neat.... (I need help...) ;)

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm not here talking about my GAS, but to give you some GAS! :twisted:

Please someone buy away these gorgeous SE Streamer doublebucks!

Streamer SE.jpg

They are so cheap and been there for ages and no one buys them, it's a shame :(
Klangfarbe

There's also four stringers available ;)

Reaction score
Got this one last week:
Foto0002.jpg

Spector Euro LX 5 lefty for 750$. Nice action, easy to play. 8:

Top Bottom