Greg!111!!!!!!11!!!

Reaction score
Yes,I'm fine,thanks Fillipe.
There's been the worst bushfires in our history,killing a couple hundred poor souls.But luckily for me those fires would have to burn their way through several hundred thousand other houses before they got mine.Every summer we have bushfires,it's the nature of the Australian bush.Our trees are highly flammable & alot actually need fire for their seeds to germinate.

Reaction score
I'm in the area of the fires...
had to prep one of our properties but fire hasn't approached it yet.

Did lose 2 friends in Kinglake however so its a very sad time for us here in Victoria.

Jono

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Reaction score
fires suck. i thought the fires here in SB were bad last year, but damn. best wishes.

Reaction score
I'll do a little prayer in the morning for all you down under!

nik

Reaction score
very sad to hear,
hope your doing alright down in victoria

Alchemist

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
I read about the bush-fires this morning. Were they actually lit?

Reaction score
We had fires to within a little under a kilometre of our place over the weekend. I sent my wife and family to my parent's place for the night - and from our house on Saturday night I watched the nearby hills ablaze with orange flames. Fortunately the danger has passed us, but many others weren't so lucky - hundreds of houses lost and a rising death toll.

My thoughts go out to those killed, their friends and families and those that lost property.

The fires are still raging in many places here, and for some the worst is still yet to come.

:((

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I read about the bush-fires this morning. Were they actually lit?

Yes - some started from natural causes (lightning strikes etc), but it also seems that some of the fires were deliberately lit.

I understand the police are questioning some suspects, but with so many fires, I doubt they'll catch all of the culprits.

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Yeah, I also read about the fires in this morning's paper. Sometimes you forget that it is summer in Australia when it's winter here in Sweden.

Reaction score
One thing I will say for the US, you light a fire and someone dies in it, the charge is murder. Sounds right to me.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like the Aussie Government is talking homicide charges for those involved...

I'm sending thoughts and prayers back home.

Reaction score
Personally,I think terrorist charges should apply.
When a terrorist plants a bomb,he doesnt know how many it'll kill.
When an arsonist lights a fire,he doesnt know how many it'll kill,if the wind will increase the size & direction putting countless people in mortal danger.Then there's the poential property loss & the immediate danger it puts the volunteer fire fighters at who have to go & try to get these fires under control.
Several of the Victorian fires are still out of control & will probably get worse before they get better.So far there's been 178 killed & hun dreds of homes & properties destroyed.
So what do you guys think?
Is lighting a bushfire at the height of bushfires season an act of murder?or an act of terrorism?
We have all these new terror laws that so far have only been used to persecute mostly innocent people,with 1 conviction at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars.
I spose we gotta be thankful that a royal commision is coming after these latest fires.

Reaction score
Personally,I think terrorist charges should apply.
When a terrorist plants a bomb,he doesnt know how many it'll kill.
When an arsonist lights a fire,he doesnt know how many it'll kill,if the wind will increase the size & direction putting countless people in mortal danger.Then there's the poential property loss & the immediate danger it puts the volunteer fire fighters at who have to go & try to get these fires under control.
Several of the Victorian fires are still out of control & will probably get worse before they get better.So far there's been 178 killed & hun dreds of homes & properties destroyed.
So what do you guys think?
Is lighting a bushfire at the height of bushfires season an act of murder?or an act of terrorism?
We have all these new terror laws that so far have only been used to persecute mostly innocent people,with 1 conviction at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars.
I spose we gotta be thankful that a royal commision is coming after these latest fires.

If any property is damaged or anyone is hurt, i say its terrorism. So yes every arsonist to me, is, i don't know if terrorist is the right word for it, but you know what i mean.

I hope all of you are safe.

And btw, how do they check for arson, i mean how would they know for sure?

Reaction score
Hey Luke glad to hear your ok I was thinking about you the other day as I know Doreen and Yan Yean was in threat.

Its just shocking - death toll is at 173 or so. The loss of the girls who I was friends with is hitting me hard at the moment, as it is for many of our group.
thanks for the support people!

jono

Reaction score
Hey - I'm really sorry to hear about your friends jono - it's tragic.

:(

Reaction score
sure is - i don't think there will be a victorian who isn't touched in some way with this event.

An article on the girls can be seen here - tradgedy for a pair so young.

Top Bottom