Your work

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Don’t listen too often to it, it will creep into your subconscious mind. And do not stare too long at the center of the pic while the video runs!

Last edited:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Don’t listen too often to it, it will creep into your subconscious mind. And do not stare too long at the center of the pic while the video runs!

Gotta bump the bass up in the mix man!! Really like the tune.

@Mat Vans cool song I thought the singer was gonna knock the drums down but all he did was step on the guitar pedal lol

Reaction score
[USER=6646 said:
@Mat Vans[/USER] cool song I thought the singer was gonna knock the drums down but all he did was step on the guitar pedal lol

I know right! Not the worst thing he has done at a show! hehehe...

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I didn't even realize these videos existed until tonight. They are from 8/1/18 at The Ruck in Troy NY.

Mike Buccino: keys
Audrey Van Genechten: trumpet and BL
Scott Vorwald: tenor sax
Bill Murray: guitar
Steve "Bassist4Eris" Gregory: bass
Kevin Van Genechten: drums

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Last night's gig. Oobleck (same lineup as above, minus the keyboard player) at the Rustic Barn Pub, Troy NY.

The "Rye Bread" references will mean nothing to most people, even most locals. It's sort of a local hippie community centered around Ravena NY. They come to a lot of shows, both Uneven Steven and Oobleck. They were out in force on this particular night because we were opening for Dr. Jah and the Love Prophets, a band that might qualify, if anyone does, as the "official" Rye Bread band. And this particular venue, even though it's not terribly close to Ravena, tends to attract a Rye crowd anyway.

Dropbox - Oobleck at Rustic Barn 01-25-2019.mp3

(0:00) soundcheck jam
(3:10) Wombat Song
(10:30) Afrodite
(16:15) Houma
(20:28) In The Pocket
(25:35) Ain't No Foolin'
(33:47) Leaded Diesel
(37:20) Foreign Toilet
(44:05) Waiting For Ryan
(54:18) Whiskey Song
(58:58) K'Funky Fried Chicken

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
So this hardly counts as "work", but it didn't seem to really deserve its own thread, so I figured it could go here. Today a couple of friends and I had an epic jam. We played all kinds of crazy stuff, most of it badly. This was completely unplanned and the other guys were a little drunk. I won't be sharing the recordings, but I thought you all might get a kick out of the song list. Some of these hardly count as takes, especially the Metallica songs, but we tried them anyway. None of this really deserves to be heard, but it was a whole lot of fun.

Cissy Strut (Meters)
I'm Tore Down (Freddie King)
Thunder Kiss '65 (White Zombie)
Smoke On The Water (Deep Purple)
Sunshine Of Your Love (Cream)
Hey Joe (Jimi Hendrix)
Sparticles jam (based on a bass riff I wrote for Oobleck)
Bullet (Misfits)
Flight Of Icarus (Iron Maiden)
The Wizard (Black Sabbath)
Warning (Black Sabbath, although they covered it from Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation)
Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne)
Recorda Me (Joe Henderson)
Todd's Shuffle (an original by the guitar player)
You Are The Sunshine Of My Live (Steve Wonder, but we did it as a jazz instrumental)
Come Together (Beatles)
Fire (Jimi Hendrix)
Blue Bossa (Kenny Dorham)
Wrathchild (Iron Maiden)
For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica)
Damage Inc (Metallica)
Disposable Heroes (Metallica)
Walking On The Moon (Police)
Born Under A Bad Sign (Albert King)
Key To The Highway (blues standard)
Toxic Sludge jam (based on the main riff of an old rock original of mine)
Red Clay (Freddie Hubbard)
All Of Me (jazz standard, but we gave it a hip-hop groove)
Seal The Deal (an original of mine from the latest Uneven Steven disc)
funk jam (I'm totally going to steal my own bass riff from this)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Cissy Strut on a slightly tipsy drummer... That is not an easy groove to nail down!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hola, amigos...

Not sure if I already shared these songs with you. They are from my friend Leo who love grunge as much as I do and invited me to play bass in his EP. We recorded that some time ago and he finally released on Soundcloud. My main idea was to play more melodic bass lines, think about Krist Novoselic on Nevermind, but Leo asked me to keep it simple, so I did. :)

Enjoy...

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Thanks :) . Our drummer is good, but still not enough to follow my outbreaks : we need to work a lot on those fill'ins to lock them together. One of my favourite to play.

Top Bottom