Your job in words & pictures...

Reaction score
Ok, and now to something completely different.

Post pictures related to your job or occupation or else and explain what you do in a couple of sentences.

I do R&D work on tissue products. Mostly material and process development. If you ever go to a public loo and find a hand towel / toilet paper dispenser with the brand "TORK" written on it... that's my baby! Pretty much all of you should find it somewhere in your country.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
I work in science communication: I produce summaries of international scientific reports that are written in a technical language, in order to make them accessible to a wider audience.

In short, I try to make you make sense of this:

Attachments

• figure_spm_6_389.jpg
    figure_spm_6_389.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 792
Reaction score
Hey Jan,

I will give you a summary of those charts: "We are soooo screwed". :shock:

Reaction score
We don't take pics in the ER. I've watched 3 people die in the last week, one was 4 years old. This is my job.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Doog said:
We don't take pics in the ER. I've watched 3 people die in the last week, one was 4 years old. This is my job.

And I greatly admire people who work in that field... I would break down after two days at most...

Reaction score
I'm a student of Economics, Psychology and Political Science, and on the side I tutor kids in their final year of school and help prepare them for final exams....it might sound a little strange, but the money is very good for a student job, and last year my students did exceptionally well, so I'm in pretty high demand this year.

University is my main thing though...I intend to stay on for plenty of postbgrad work and research. I've done the whole working/real world thing, and found it to be massively overrated!

Reaction score
I'm a network administrator for a collection agency. I deal with anything and everything related to computers, networking, server maintenance, phone system maintenance, user account maintenance and programming.

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm a Commercial Photographer - architectural, environmental portraiture and copywork, mostly.
Part time College 'professor' - I teach digital photography to Graphic Design students
Full time digital-photo-restoration-and-film-lab-counter-monkey.

I'm currently looking for more work to pay the bills.... :shock:

I'd show you photos of my 'day-jobs'...but I wouldn't want you to vomit with boredom. You can check out my website if you want, I need to update it with new stuff though...

www.avramhalperin.com

Cheers, and where can I get some of that toilet paper, I got a mean cling-on! :lol: :lol:

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Nice Work Avram! Nothing i'd be able to do, I've always sucked at architecture photography! :p

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Thanks Jan! Someday I'm going to put together a book of Erotic Photography too, right now I only have one model lined up. When I get some proofs together, I'd be happy to share them with you! I'm also putting together a shoot of my girlfriend and her Roller Derby team! That should be fun! :D

Reaction score

I don't think I'd wipe my arse with that :p
We have TORK products at school, I think!

jay

Reaction score
I work in a chemical plant where we make PVC powder. I am in charge of writing procedures and training the new hires...

Reaction score
i work as a graphic designer here in stockholm at www.ottobonigroup.com . mostly web based stuff. it's fun but as things look right now i might take some time off to deal with my head a bit.

i do this kind of stuff among other things:

Reaction score
I live in Michigan. I don't have a job. Nobody here can get a job. God Bless America.

jay

Reaction score
nizzrooster said:
I live in Michigan. I don't have a job. Nobody here can get a job. God Bless America.

If you are survivng without a job, I think you should definitely be saying God Bless Americe...

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
TravisMoore said:
Im a student :lol:

^ need I say more ^

HAHAHA! Good one! :lol:

I'm a student too. I study bass at MGK in Denmark. It's pre-music conservatory school. Basically I play music all day :)

Reaction score
This is my job.

[video=youtube;sYPMeIiBT-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYPMeIiBT-E[/video]

Apart from this, I play upright bass at a local hellhole, but don't have any videos or pictures of that. I'm saving up cash to go back to university in September to do my Master's degree in music.

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
I work in a big shop that sells tons of stuff like dishwashers, TV's, computers, fridges, hairdryers, etc...

I'm at the end of the "customer's path": I give them the product they just bought and run the stocks.

Top Bottom