XTREME Compressor Specs

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have found that the compressor on XTREME amps is a really nice, transparent compressor, that is doing it's job in a very musical manner.

I always looked for simple solutions for live shows. More units you have in you rack, more are the chances that something go wrong... With the xtreme you have all you need for a good clean sound for a live show. And more... the xtreme has really nice voicings that can shape your sound in a very modern way. Not many amps are able to emulate these sounds.
I wish I had this feature on tubepath too :)

These are the compressor's specs:
-It is a peak compressor. It means it will handle the peaks of your sound, not the overall RMS. It means it will be more effective with the peaks and transients than a RMS compressor.

- SOFT KNEE compressor. it means it will compress the signal in a gentle way, it will not cut the signal like a knife. For that reason this compressor sounds very natural.

so it’s a soft knee and peak compression.

TRESHOLD- this is adjusted with the GAIN pot. So the higher is the gain, more dB will be compressed.

ATTACK ca 2ms

RELEASE ca 300ms

RATIO- this is the fuction you change with the COMP pot. it begins from 1:1, to 1:10 (full clockwise) when this is technically a limiter, not a compresssor anymore.

So, as a conclusion, this is a soft knee, peak compressor, with a pretty fast attack and a medium release (these are the optimal settings for) bass guitar. And it's doing it's job in a very nice, musical and transparent way.

Cheers , FLO

nik

Reaction score
sounds like i need to replace my GK and insted of buying a seperate rack compressor just get this amp!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Well... as always ... try before buy :) But for me it works great.

Reaction score
Florin said:
Well... as always ... try before buy :) But for me it works great.

+1 :D

i'm having the time of my life playing with the new amp..event if it's still not at full power :roll: (the 211 has still to arrive)

Reaction score
while were on the details of the x-treme. is the bottom knob a low cut filter? because the manual is very obscure and a low cut filter is what it acts like.

Reaction score
Something must be wrong with your bottom dial then. Mine just adds more low end the further I turn it.

As for the compressor I just found that I prefered the sound I get with it in full use than without but I could never really figure how it affected the sound.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
BOTTOM is a low cut, yes.
Mr Bassman Sax, if yyou don't feel how it affects the sound, than it's great!
Compressors usually ruin the bass sound.

Reaction score
I still don't see how the Bottom is a low cut. I've just been fiddling with it and it really adds a lot of bottom end, but as you add more you feel it more than hear it. Unfortunately with my 15 added it is excessive and really needs cutting back a lot.

So yeah. How exactly is it a low end cut?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
A low cut will clean the low frequencies, and the result will be a tighter low end :)

Top Bottom