Xtreme 10.1 and wca 411 nd 8 ohms

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently bought a WARWICK XTREME 10.1 at THOMANN's with a crazy price!!

Now I have two options in my mind for the cabinet (the amps works only at 4 ohms):

1 - WCA 411 PRO (4x10) 4 OHMS -> but 41 KG!
2 - WCA 411 ND (4x10) 8 OHMS -> nice weight but 8 OHMS

Is it true that if i plug the amp to the 8 ohms cabinet, I will only use half of the power of the amp (500 W)?

Can you advise?

Regards,

Reaction score
Hi Bassman,

Welcome to the forum!

You have two choices, as you say... 8 ohm or 4 ohm. That depends a lot on what you need. At 4 ohm, you'll get 1000 watts from the head. At 8 ohm, you'll get more than half... about 580 watts or so.

That's still a lot of power!

:d

If you get a 4 ohm cab you can't add another one, but of you get an 8 ohm cab you can use it for most things and add a second extension cab if you want to.

Don't worry about the weight of the 411 Pro. I have one and lift it easily in and out of the car - and it has wheels to go from the car to the gig. It's a very nice cab.

I think rather than worrying about impedance you should decide between the 411 Pro and the 411 ND first, then think about impedance. The 411 Pro is available as a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm cab.

Good luck.

Luke.

Reaction score
Cheers!

well, I supose I would prefer the PRO series because of the characteristic of it's sound (instead of the ND one).

Having in mind what you said about impedance, I would probably chose a WCA211 and a WCA115 ...

I'll decide about it it the next few days ...

Thanks!

Reaction score
If I use one cab or two it makes little difference to volume output considering the power in the amp.you should worry more about which amp sounds right for your sound. The only time for you to worry about the ohms is when it goes below what the amp is rated at.

Reaction score
Thanks,

I've already decided about the amp (x-treme 10.1) and that the cabinet should be a pro series!

As you said "If I use one cab or two it makes little difference to volume output considering the power in the amp".

Considering that I want to avoid too much weight at just one time ... a pair of 1x211 and 1x115 or 2x211 shoud be best than a single 1x411 PRO

Pheraps i'll just buy one 211 and then check if I need a 115 or another 211!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Two cabinets will be a lot louder than one cabinet, that's for sure!

Reaction score
Hey folks ... about 411 pro 8 ohms ... I heard it is from 45hz-3500Hz ... So it has to have a good low end (ok, some boxes are going from 30hz), but I saw a lot of it that are going to 15 000Hz (let's say hartke 4,5xl or expensive EBS or Gallien); so how the highs are on 411 pro?
I need the cab for power rock (so some deep end) and also funky - is it punchy and get some highs? I don't know is this a profesional cab, low budget or something between; not asking in price range, but in quality range, where is it?

Thanks

Top Bottom