Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

X-Treme 5.1 Effects Send/Return

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by JSmith, Jun 28, 2011.

1. JSmith

JSmith

Have a question that will hopefully help others out as well. Been thinking of different ways to run my effects and after some reading, I get the impression that we really don't want to be running stomp boxes through the effects loop. That being said, can stomp boxes be run through it? Am I correct in saying that the effects loop is line level? I'm curious mostly about the SansAmp Bass DI and phasers/chorus. I was wondering if the SansAmp might sound better in the loop and want to try it but also want to be sure I'm not going to overload anything. I know modulation effects usually sound better in the loop but the same applies in not wanting to damage anything. Thoughts?

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Nothing bad can happen. Set the gain levels of the effect, and everything should be fine. But soundwise you should experiment. The Sans Amp BDDI will have more distortion this way, etc,

3. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

Oh good to know flo!. i have been running my pedals through the loop or a while, and got worried i was rinking frying something when guys said you shouldn't do that. i like it because i have a switchable loop, so all tone sucking little pres in my pedaboard can be removed form the circuit when not in use. actually the loop on my carvin switches off the return not the send, so even with my loop off i can still use my floor tuner.