WTB Darkglass Electronics B7K (EU/NL)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

after hearing lots of positive things about the Darkglass Electronics B7K, I decided it's time to start looking for one. It's probably a long shot, since these pedals are becoming more and more popular by the day. I'm not in a rush, though. ;-)

I think it's a great pedal, but getting a new one is out of my budget range right now. That's why I decided to look for a used one. I know the B3K is cheaper, but I'm set on the B7K because of the extra functionality. I'm planning on using it for recording and the B7K will work better with my current setup.

So, if you've got one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

GH

Kev

Reaction score
Don't get a B3K. The B7K is completely worth the extra cash, the EQ is excellent.

Reaction score
@Kev, thanks for the advice. The EQ section in the B7K sounds awesome from what I can hear in reviews/demos. Also the extra I/O options are great for use in the studio.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I can confirm that B7K kicks ass! Hard to find on sh market for that reason :)

Reaction score
I went B3K as the eq I have on my bass and pre amp are totally fine so why pay the extra? Also if you plan to record you can also eq in post. if you don't have a decent preamp/eq or Di box then the B7K would be best I guess. I also like to eq after the recording as you can then shape to fit in a mix so i record most things as dry as possible to expand options later

Reaction score
Real Name
Anton
http://www.darkglass.com/dealers/
just find a dealer in your country :)
tried b3k before buying b7k. both pedals are awesome but b3k is just overdrive pedal while b7k - preamp with EQ and more outputs.

Reaction score
@Nightmaresandconclusions, the B7K will work better in my current setup. I'm planning on recording more bass tracks at the same time. In my setup that allows me to record a dry signal and a distorted/EQ'ed signal at the same time. About EQ'ing in post production: every EQ has it's own characteristic sound. I like the one in the B7K for this purpose. Not every EQ will lead to the right result.

@ROOT, in my country the B7K is sold out. The closest place where it is in stock is probably Musikhaus Thomann in Germany. It's too bad that a new pedal is so expensive, though. I'm hoping to save some money by buying a second hand pedal.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Mine will arrive tomorrow or tuesday ;) tehehe.

Reaction score
It's available on the Thomann website. Only new, not used but it is there.

Reaction score
Alriiiiiiight, I've finally found a second hand B7K! :D It should be here within a few days.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
congrats buddy! May I ask what was the sh price for it?

Reaction score
Thanks Florin! The B7K cost me about €275,- excl. shipping costs. It seemed a fair price, considering a new one costs about €360,-. My B7K is not the lates version, though. In the video ChrisK posted on this forum, the latest version is used. As far as I know there are two differences: The order of the EQ knobs and one extra function on the Attack switch.

My EQ is: Low - Treble - LoMids - HiMids.

New EQ is: Low - LoMids - HiMids - Treble.

The extra function on the Attack switch is 'cut.' I don't feel like I need that switch anyway, because I use the pedal to add some attack most of the time. Otherwise I'll just cut some high frequencies on the EQ. That won't sound the same, but it's close enough. Besides that, my B7K and the latest version are identical.

So far I haven't had the chance to play through my own amp setup. I used my bass --> B7K --> Roland Cube 60XL Bass --> Headphones Out. It sounds great already! :D This weekend I'll probably head home to test the B7K with the same bass, but through a Hellborg Pre and studio monitors. I'll let you know if my ears started bleeding when I tested it, hahaha! :p

Reaction score
I think I've caused an earthquake. Hitting a low B or A already sounded like a nice rumble with just the Hellborg Pre. However, putting the B7K in front of the Hellborg Pre makes it sound so much more intense. The sounds I'm getting so far are amazing!

I'm curious what the Darkglass sounds like combined with a Two Notes Torpedo VB-101. That will probably sound insane as well.

Top Bottom