Which of the 3 Streamers to purchase?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I own three, 4-string Warwicks at the moment (a '04 LX, '94 Fortress (with bartolinis), and a streamer STD '04). The last couple of years I've mostly been playing 5-string basses and now I want to combine my love for warwicks with my love for 5-string basses. There are 3 interesting options for sale atm (all 3 around the same price), and I wonder which one you would pick.

Here goes:

-Warwick Streamer Stage I NT , from '92 with original Bartolini pickups and electronics. AAA flamed maple

-Warwick streamer LX Jazzman, from '08. Original MEC pickups and preamp replaced with Bartolinis. Bubinga body

-Warwick Streamer LX, '95. Original MEC pickups and preamp replaced with Seymour Duncans. Flamed maple

Bonus questions:
Why would you pick one over the other?
What are things to look out for?
Do any of these basses have any known problems?
How do these basses compare soundwise?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, discussions, advice, etc!

-

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
1) Flame rocks
2) Bartolini Rick's
3) all Wicks '92 and older are hand-built (after that cnc routing started)
4) NT most comfy to play

Reaction score
1) Flame rocks
2) Bartolini Rick's
3) all Wicks '92 and older are hand-built (after that cnc routing started)
4) NT most comfy to play
Thanks for your reply! The NT is certainly the most gorgeous one! Any cons to a NT? Can the neck still be adjusted (truss rod)? And the sound? I often hear that the NTs sound 'less like a warwick' which I take as, it has less low/mid growl.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! The NT is certainly the most gorgeous one! Any cons to a NT? Can the neck still be adjusted (truss rod)? And the sound? I often hear that the NTs sound 'less like a warwick' which I take as, it has less low/mid growl.
imho: NTs are the „real“ Warwicks…if you dont like em, there is a broad choice of other brands

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
92 Warwicks: trussrod can be easily
replaced
sound: that‘s something very „personal“/depending on individual taste..if you are unsure better try a bass before purchase

Reaction score
92 Warwicks: trussrod can be easily
replaced
sound: that‘s something very „personal“/depending on individual taste..if you are unsure better try a bass before purchase
Yes! I definitely intend to play them before purchase. But the 3 basses I'm interested in are all across 2 different countries so I want to get a clearer picture of which one I would most like want so I can schedule a 'try out' visit

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Although I haven't seen broken maple necks (Warwick), still ask some pics from the back. A broken, cracked or fixed wenge headstock you want to avoid (Google for pics).
Sound: Stage-I are maple body with maple necks and wenge stringers - listen to Stuart Zender

Last edited:
Reaction score
Although I haven't seen broken maple necks (Warwick), still ask some pics from the back. A broken, cracked or fixed wenge headstock you want to avoid (Google for pics).
Sound: Stage-I are maple body with maple necks and wenge stringers - listen to Stuart Zender
Love Stuart Zender! Him and Dirk Lance is why I got into Warwicks in the first place 😁

Reaction score
Update:

I went to the SS I today and... This is hands down the most beautiful sounding bass I have ever played. Short story even shorter, I bought it. Thank you al so much for your advice.
20210704_193822.jpg
20210704_193856.jpg
20210704_193805.jpg

Top Bottom