Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Which Amp???

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by [wolfman], Oct 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

I currently run a Profet 3.2 into PRO 211 and 115 cabs, I'm finding that im running out of power (i've been having to run the amp at nearly 100% on the master). Which amp would you recomend to run with this cab setup, I play in quite a heavy metal band. Would it be worthwhile thinking about changing the 1x15 for a 4x10? as i feel like i need more mids to cut thru.

2. odominguez

odominguez Guest

Hello,

I suggest taking into consideration the 10.1 series, either TubePath or X-TREME, if you switch the 1x15 for a 4x10 there will be 200 Watts more that will need power, but the 10.1 series can handle it.

Also take into consideration that a lot of people think that Warwick amps have a low output level, but this is not true. What happens is that we use the full range of the knob while some other manufacturers make it full volume at aroun 2 o'clock and after that it's just for show. So some people when they the full power at 2 o'clock they think that Warwick amps have lower output, but if you turn it all the way up and the other brand also all the way up you will see the power of the Warwick amp can still compare to the other brand with great tone and power.

3. mala

mala

Didn't know that Ollie, good to know / mats

4. odominguez

odominguez Guest

:p

5. [wolfman]

[wolfman]

Thats very interesting, so i shouldn't be too worried about running the master so high? aslong as it isnt clipping in the preamp stage.

Would it be worth running the 410 cab instead of the 1x15, or should i use a 411 (do i really need the extra tweeter)

6. odominguez

odominguez Guest

The cool thing about the 411 is that it has a trim on hte backside only for the tweeter, so if you feel the tweeter is kinda hot, just trim it out a little bit and you should be fine.