what is the quality

Reaction score
hey im looking for a bass to replace my ibanez hunk of junk and dont want to lash out 2200(usd) so here is my question is the quality similar to regular warwick what about the sound?

Reaction score
well first off you can't compare the quality of a rockbass to a warwick, its not fair, they're two completly different entities.

what you're basically getting with a rockbass is a beginner / intermediate bass that is marketed at a competitive price to battle against ibanez's, mex fenders and peaveys etc, however if you take that info in mind and then take in to perspective the bass you're buying for the money you're spending, you're getting a decent bass for your buck, you get the warwick look but you're not going to get the sound, there has to be some reason for the price difference! :D i had a 5 string corvette rockbass, and i can definatly think back on the bass with some fond memories and also some bad ones, the pickups are mec's however the circuit is poorly wired and shockingly unreliable (mine was at least) it was the active job and just didnt want to work half the time, and the input jacks are notorious for coming loose, the bridge was solid, and everything else did its job, like i say it wasn't bad,

you'd be best to search for a second hand rockbass, as a new one can sell for as much as a second hand warwick real deal so keep your eyes peeled.

O

odominguez

They are both great quality instruments within their own yard. Rockbass and Warwick still have many things in common. We use the same pickups for both basses and same electronics in some cases. The design of the instruments is also very similar. The differences come in in the use of exotic tonal woods and the contoured designs.

Also Warwick instruments give you better adjustment capabilities, like for exmaple, the two-piece bridge and the adjustable nut, making the possibilities almost endless.

Reaction score
I own a Warwick 4 string and a Rockbass 5 string. It is true that you really can't compare the Rockbass to the Warwick, but you sure can compare it to the MIJ Fenders. I had a MIJ Fender Mustang, which was a very nice bass; many people even say that the MIJ Fenders stack up quite nicely against the MIA Fenders. My 5 string Corvette SE is every bit the bass my Mustang was, and a lot more. The fit and finish on the Rockbass is amazing (the fit at the neck pocket is so tight, that you couldn't fit a playing card in there if you tried). The feel is also amazing; the neck contour must be the same as the Warwick’s or very close. The tone is right in there, and though I can really tell the difference when I “A –B” it with my Warwick, I will still match it up against any bass in its price range. Definitely look for a used one. I picked up a used Corvette SE for $500, a good deal since the sell for around $900 new at Musicians Friend.

Then there is the customer service. It is by far the best that I have experienced anywhere. This discussion board also provides a great deal of knowledge and insight.

In other words BUY ONE
:D

Reaction score
I'd agree with everything 2tone says

I believe you can't really compare the sound of a Warwick and a Rockbass, but I still think the Rockbass is exceptional value for money. Mine is very well built, and I've had no problems with it. I did replace the bridge with an ABM bridge... but I'm rather fussy about bridges

I would buy one in preference to any similarly priced bass... and many that cost more! I only keep my MIJ Mustang because it's my last fretted bass

Reaction score
I have been playing for 17 uears and have played every bass on the market in this price range. I now own a Fortress Rockbass w/the adjust a nut and I have to tell you it is one of the best basses I have ever played and or owned. It is true that you cannot compare it to a True Warwick but you can compare it to any other bass off the rack and it is by far superior. I just recently bought a Spector 5 not the a cheap one either I always liked the look and I sold after 5 monthes becuse this bass was much more superior to it.

In closing I have to say that Warwick did an excellent job with this series of basses and they have covered the gambit with their line now if we could only get the whole line in the USA it'd be even better. This will be my show basses from now on!!!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Benedict said:
i had a 5 string corvette rockbass, and i can definatly think back on the bass with some fond memories and also some bad ones, the pickups are mec's however the circuit is poorly wired and shockingly unreliable (mine was at least) it was the active job and just didnt want to work half the time, and the input jacks are notorious for coming loose, the bridge was solid, and everything else did its job, like i say it wasn't bad.

odominguez said:
Rockbass and Warwick still have many things in common. We use the same pickups for both basses and same electronics in some cases.

Hmmm, what Benedict states about the Rockbass electronics is worrisome, I think I have heard similar accounts elsewhere. Ollie, do you know which Rockbass models have the same pickups/electronics as Warwicks?

Top Bottom