Citizen Thumb
Reaction score
Very relevant to the topic, thanks to Pantry for this IMMENSE contribution:
[video=vimeo;73746579]http://vimeo.com/73746579#[/video]

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This was me tonight... Play back at slower speed to see what is actually happening there or repeat a couple of times. I should have shot the "junkrat" first in hindsight as he took down our tanker but oh well... I am starting to get really really sick with sniper rifles! LOL.

Reaction score
The Sims 3 off and again-- it's my surrogate family, next to my Warwick bro's.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed, all of them. Waiting for Origins in October. In the meantime, I just finished Ghost Recon Wildlands, very, VERY addictive.

Reaction score
In the past the most addictive for me were Civilization through version III; Age of Empires I & II and expansion packs; the original Ghost Recon; and Pirates. These days, I don't have the psychic energy to play anything intense.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Age Of Empires... I still have a old PC with Win98 to play those... But it's everytime a minimum of 4 hours...

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
On PS4 I am addicted to Star Wars Battlefront. On my IPad I play Star Wars a commander kinda full time lol. And I am always playing word with friends, still lol

Reaction score
That reminds me-- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic-- back before I went to the Dark Side (Apple). What a brilliant, well thought out, and imaginative game! The Geek is starting to get heavy- is it not?

Reaction score
I was addicted to mobile strike for over a year. That is a very evil game... cost me over $5000 plus in that year and I was what would be called an active moderate spender...i know people spent a WHOLE lot more than me. Anyway it consumed my life so greatly I still cannot believe it to this day. Nearly a year on and I had to look up on Google what it was called lol... the purchase of my Thumb was the shifting factor in me losing my addiction and re-taking up of a much healthier and wholesome love of playing music. Sooo Zynga poker and the occasional romp of Diablo 3 are my only games these days and I'm truly happy about that!!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The earning model in many games are indeed evil nowadays.
People buy the game or get it for free, then start spending real money on in-game items.

I never do spend any real money on in-game items in ANY game. It is STUPID.

Eve-online, Overwatch and now Quake Champions. The latter two work with a "lootbox" system so spending money in-game is like a lottery... You don't know what you're buying!

Just DON'T do it. Play the game as is.

Reaction score
Cannot compete in mobile strike or Game of War without spending... full stop. The strength of these games is their heavy social presence which is great I've met some truly great people all over the world. Problem is for all us to enjoy working together you must spend...i promise I am as sceptic and cautious as they come and I was sucked in wholly. I was also very good at the game which didn't help lol.

Anyway thread slightly derailed but thought it was worth sharing.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Eve Online and BF3.
How is Eve Online now? I understand it has gone through some major changes. I played it years ago when it was accurately described as the biggest on-line multiplayer spreadsheet in the world. I enjoyed it, but got tired of constantly having to watch out for other players with more experience and bigger ships with bigger weapons. I can dig PvP when the playing field is level, but in many multi-player games, it is not. I used to love Quake 2 and 3 death matches where everyone was equal and it came down to playing skill, and not how much in-game currency you bought or what guild you belong to.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
The earning model in many games are indeed evil nowadays.
People buy the game or get it for free, then start spending real money on in-game items.

I never do spend any real money on in-game items in ANY game. It is STUPID.

Eve-online, Overwatch and now Quake Champions. The latter two work with a "lootbox" system so spending money in-game is like a lottery... You don't know what you're buying!

Just DON'T do it. Play the game as is.

The "intangible asset" industry is huge. I made a good bit of money selling players gear in the early days of Everquest. And then a bit more selling currency, when the in-game economy changed completely, after they created the bazaar. I was astonished by the amounts of real money people would spend for items that did not actually exist in the real world. At that time it was all private parties selling items or currency on places like playerauctions.com, but after the game publishers saw there was money to be made, they took it over. I think I made about 15k the year I was involved in it. It was enough that I had to delcare the income on my tax return. Pretty crazy.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I am definitely what you would call a "gamer". I play on a PC for the better graphics and flexibility. However, getting everything working correctly on a PC can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. I play all kinds of games. Lately I have been playing Fallout 4 quite a bit. The game has it's flaws, but is quite good overall. I especially like games like this that can be modded to suit the individual players desires. Also, the eye candy is pretty amazing, as you can see in this screen shot of one of the available, ahem, "companions".;)

ScreenShot37.png

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Anyone playing Destiny 2? It is quite enjoyable.

Reaction score
Im currently playing this one game that came with no manual/instructions.

The early levels were easy as funk, dont really remember much of them though.

The levels keep getting tougher with new, mind-twisting challenges.
The past several levels have blown my mind, never thought I’d beat them.

Multi-player is supposed to be amazing, but I havent gotten good connection.

One thing I’ve learned from the game already is that each decision, even indisicion, has vast ripples of consequence - good or bad.

The game can get very dark, violent, even nihilistic, but you can choose to motivate your character to return to the Light world.

At times, the I keep focusing on the ending of the game instead of just enjoying the playthrough and open-world mapping.

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Im currently playing this one game that came with no manual/instructions.

The early levels were easy as funk, dont really remember much of them though.

The levels keep getting tougher with new, mind-twisting challenges.
The past several levels have blown my mind, never thought I’d beat them.

Multi-player is supposed to be amazing, but I havent gotten good connection.

One thing I’ve learned from the game already is that each decision, even indisicion, has vast ripples of consequence - good or bad.

The game can get very dark, violent, even nihilistic, but you can choose to motivate your character to return to the Light world.

At times, the I keep focusing on the ending of the game instead of just enjoying the playthrough and open-world mapping.

and the name of the game?

Top Bottom