What are you listening to..ATM?

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I'm finally checking out "The Metallica Blacklist". For the record, I was a thrash kid in the 80s. I hated the black album when it came out, and I'm still not a fan of 90s Metallica. But I feel like I need to hear this monstrosity at least once. Horrible programming idea of the century: the collection consists of a whole bunch of "Enter Sandman" versions in a row, followed by a whole bunch of "Sad But True", etc. Repetitive. I'm listening on shuffle, but even so, Spotify seems to think I need to hear nothing but "Nothing Else Matters" alternating with "The Unforgiven" all freaking morning.

The only song I ever really loved off of this album was "Sad But True". I'm looking forward to hearing the St. Vincent version.

1634490801643.png

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm finally checking out "The Metallica Blacklist". For the record, I was a thrash kid in the 80s. I hated the black album when it came out, and I'm still not a fan of 90s Metallica. But I feel like I need to hear this monstrosity at least once. Horrible programming idea of the century: the collection consists of a whole bunch of "Enter Sandman" versions in a row, followed by a whole bunch of "Sad But True", etc. Repetitive. I'm listening on shuffle, but even so, Spotify seems to think I need to hear nothing but "Nothing Else Matters" alternating with "The Unforgiven" all freaking morning.

The only song I ever really loved off of this album was "Sad But True". I'm looking forward to hearing the St. Vincent version.

View attachment 23537
I haven’t really checked out any of these covers, I don’t think I’m really interested. I’m kind of sick off the remakes of every classic song floating around now as they are all the same. Let’s take the song, halve the speed, and add a shit ton of reverb to make it “atmospheric.” I actually was the opposite as a young guy. Originally did not dig the faster thrashier Metalic, I liked a master of Puppets, and the black album was a fave. It was my workout album for like 18 months, oddly enough, I rotated it with Robyn Hitchcock’s “Perspex Island” haha

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I didn't get very far into the Blacklist. "Nothing Else Matters" came up one too many times and I gave up. I did (finally) watch "Some Kind of Monster" though. I really liked how it humanized the band.

I guess I'm in a metal mood lately. Right now I'm listening to the new Iron Maiden album. It hasn't blown me away yet, but I don't hate it either.

Reaction score

I’ve really been listening to these guys the past few weeks. Just light hearted fun

Reaction score
Way different than what I usually like but I like the bass counterpoint and the percussion- and the song as a whole is not overly compressed-

Top Bottom