What are you listening to..ATM?

Reaction score
Last night I had insomnia so I listened to this wonderfully analog and non-remixed concert by The Brothers Johnson. Bass solo at 36:43-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Silver sun Pickups
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Afghan Whigs
Pixies
Black Crowes

USA Rawk Day

Reaction score
Now it’s annoyingly loud bass drum THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

I stepped outside, and it’s coming from the Boardwalk. I admit that I was borderline cussing mad because it’s 7 am and I’d had a late night. Then it dawned on me that they’re doing sound check of a Christian pop/rock version of Easter sunrise services here.

No disrespect but I preferred the seagulls-

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
Now it’s THUMP! ... THUMP-THUMP!

It must be s service for the hearing impaired because they’re around 300 yards or more away. It’s not a residential area, just the marina, but there is a hotel and it’s closer to the bandstand than I am. But still I wonder if anyone has complained.

Guess I’ll head to the coffee shop-

Last edited:
Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
Costello was an amazing songwriter
That tune is about the gutter press HASSELING murder victims whanau.
Vicious.
I had no idea about that, I thought it was about a U.K. tv show, among other deeper observations and laments.

Thank you for sharing.

Reaction score
Then again it might not be and I have it all wrong.
It sounded plausible to me, I never really looked into it that deeply to be honest. But his performance on SNL seemed truly emotional and not just a put on or public persona.

Reaction score
He's an interesting guy
Probably quite hard work

I'd put him in my top 10 of UK songwriters
He's definitely Bush, Weller, Johnson, Townsend, Morrissey/Marr level

Reaction score
Rumor has it Bonnie from Bonnie and Delany (Eric Clapton cohorts) smacked him up for insulting James Brown

Reaction score
Jester initially submitted this on the "Spot the Warwick" thread a few days ago, and I'm still listening. By the way, the bass looks like a Fortress 5.

Thanks again Yanni!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Goodness me, I love Dee Murray's melodic counterpoint to Elton's vocals in this song- Live and Studio

Articulaton is a bit clearer in the studio version along with the cool vocal harmonies-

Reaction score
Well, I stumbled across this one, between all the open windows- and window shopping for my bro-

Reaction score
How about some pre-Jaco Weather Report?
Gotta love a band where the bassist switches mid-song from an overdriven P-Bass to a bowed double bass on a wah pedal to traditional finger style. And a percussionist who segues from bells to a pair of ladies’ pumps to flute. And the best thing of all is there no one grandstanding persona or musician-

AND ... it’s not a put on-

Top Bottom