What are you listening to..ATM?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
A fantastic play through by a local player, one of the best covers I 've seen ever.

It's the guy with the inaudible attack. With full focus on what @Florin calls note development after the attack, I think. Gives the tune a tremendous pulse, exactly what it needs. Bass is a Bacchus.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am 50 years old.

I have decided to say goodbye to everything metal, punk and grunge. That music just doesn't move me any longer.
The focus is 100% on late sixties and early seventies style bluesy and jazzy rock , music that always makes me happy and works well in a pub.

Reaction score
I am 50 years old.

Wait!!! ........... ok, I can see letting go of the grunge but not all of the rest .... and I’m 56...

I have decided to say goodbye to everything metal, punk and grunge. That music just doesn't move me any longer.
The focus is 100% on late sixties and early seventies style bluesy and jazzy rock , music that always makes me happy and works well in a pub.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Funny enough I own a couple hundred cd's I never listen to anymore. I never thought this would happen, but it did. I have also been venturing more into classical music lately. I stopped visiting metal-ish concerts as the ampless bands with their perfect digital sound (f*ck kempers!) sound way too much like their albums. I find this boring and destroying the "live band" feel concerts used to have.

Now I just cba to get out of the house for gigs like that.

Small club/pub gigs like the one of Eric Gales and TM Stevens I posted are just so much more special I decided more modern "perfect" types of music is just not worth listening to.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

Loving these guys lately, but also been on an 80s kick.

So yeah, I like to mix it up.

Reaction score
Funny enough I own a couple hundred cd's I never listen to anymore. I never thought this would happen, but it did. I have also been venturing more into classical music lately. I stopped visiting metal-ish concerts as the ampless bands with their perfect digital sound (f*ck kempers!) sound way too much like their albums. I find this boring and destroying the "live band" feel concerts used to have.

Now I just cba to get out of the house for gigs like that.

Small club/pub gigs like the one of Eric Gales and TM Stevens I posted are just so much more special I decided more modern "perfect" types of music is just not worth listening to.
But then again my concept of”metal” may be different than most- after all, the first time I ever saw the term “heavy metal” it was used to describe Aerosmith in a 1977 issue of either Hit Parader or Circus magazine.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Michael League (bassist for Snarky Puppy) has a "world music" side project called Bokante. While excellent on their own, their recent collaboration with the mighty Metropole Orkest is a real treat:

StreamerII84

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
I've been into this band Leprous for the past year, I watch drummers most of the time on YouTube and this guys band is really incredible, its prog math rock....something. Very good.

And as usual, The Contortionist

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Just love this song :) Also finnish, I think I am born in the wrong country ^^

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I dig this. Don't ask why. I don't know... It is real raw and honest art.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Also, looking up at the stills above apparently the guy is afraid his jaw might fall off so he is constantly holding his face. Lol.

Top Bottom