what are you driving?

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Hell yeah! That photo just screams "Florida!", too :lol:

It's funny you post the Mustang. I've got my 2011 GT for sale. I'm looking at 13/14 GT500s.

Reaction score
Damn skippy. That's a little park / boat ramp off of County Road 13 by the St. Johns River. Perfect place for car pix and about 10 miles of twisties along the riverbank to cruise through.

I thought about getting another GT but this little 2.3L turbo is faster than my old one with a vastly better chassis. Less weight up front with the smaller engine gives me much better F to R weight balance as well. 6sp manual, nav, white leather heated and cooled seats, and 30+mpg highway with the ac blasting. Can't ask for too much more than that. :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Yeah, I love the turbo cars. Do you think you'll mod it or leave it alone?

Another Mustang buddy lives down in Florida and does avionics work on military planes. I wonder if you know him :)

Reaction score
One of my good friends here is the former service manager at the Ford store and has told me that trying to do too much with the ecoboost tends to cause.. mm.. PROBLEMS. Apparently, the high pressure fuel pump can't keep up with the bolt-ons and tunes and ends up leaning out the engine until it pops. So as for my particular little car, probably not too much on the list of mods. There aren't any decent gains to be had from doing a cold air intake, the tunes get maybe 20-30hp over base on 87, a bit more on 93, and beyond that I'm risking popping the engine. It's quite fast enough for me since I drive it like a grampa 95% of the time anyway.

I hadn't planned on doing too much to it since it's pretty solid right out of the box. Strut brace, rear IRS subframe connectors, a canned tune, and tinted windows should be just about it.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Couldn't resist. This car is leaving me soon, proper replacement in sight!

[video=youtube_share;fdLWXGwSIac]http://youtu.be/fdLWXGwSIac[/video]

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
The MX5 is gone, replaced by this one :
IMG_7283.jpg
330i, 3.0L Six in line, classic. 60.000km, not that bad for a 12 years old car.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
I still drive da Peugeot Partner that I bought three yearz ago for only 600 euro'z ...

(couldn't find a recent picture)

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Greeeeeeeeeg!!!!
Is that you? Good to have you here, matey!

Seriously! I had to do a double take... thought it was a new forum mistake of dates or something. I remember him being one of the first to answer my questions when I got Jackie in '08.

Great to see you back Greg!

Ohhh Mitsubishi Outlander AWD for me. Great car for the Pacific Northwest. Coming from a giant Ford F-250 supercab, which I also loved.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Haha! That does actually look my first bus. When the Grateful Dead were still around...I drove a '71 Westfalia. LOVED that bus. So fun!

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Those are sweet busses! 13 or 14 windows I think.

Dazed

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That's an 11 window.
I have a 61 ex german fire service panel van too but no pics with me.

Loves me an old vw.

Top Bottom