Wgps Lead Time?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time poster here. In my 15 years or so of playing bass, I have always gassed over the Warwick Thumbs looks/sound and finally made the decision to pull the trigger on one. Im a lefty, so being able to find one to play before hand is next to impossible in my neck of the woods, hopefully its everything I've wished for! Anyway... just ordered a WGPS 5 string Thumb a few weeks ago. Can anyone share what kind of lead times they have had when ordering a WGPS? I was told up to six months by the dealer...located in the US.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
No idea, I´m from Germany but: have fun with your Wick once it is at your place!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
If with "lead time" you mean "the killing waiting time" the only thing I could say is I don`t know, but try not to think too much about it... it will make it easier. We all know waiting sucks. :)

And don't forget to post pictures when the Thumb arrives.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Waiting time used to be 6-8 weeks IIRC. Plus shipping, ofc. 6 months seems a lot for a non Custom Shop. It seems a lot for a CS as well :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That's because the W people first need to watch the wood dry. This is a tough job even for veteran luthiers!

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My jaw hit the floor when they said up to 6 months. I just built a house faster then that! Trying not to think about it too much....so far that has been working haha.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Well, 6 months is painfully long as others mentioned, but you chose the best Warwick there is choose, in the Thumb. In my humble opinion. Congrats!

You'll join a long list of great players who eat horrible balance for breakfast. Invest in a 3" wide strap if you don't already have one. It'll help in that regard.

Post some pictures when it arrives in 2020 :D

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks like he's wanting a 5'er. Probably would essentially be a custom order, due to it being a lefty... which I guess is only reason it might take a while. Still, that's longer than most CS Masterbuilts. Strange. Maybe since it's GPS, it's not a priority.

If it were me, I'd play the waiting game and keep a hawkeye on the used sites and forums, for a lefty Thumb 5. For the 2k+ he's spending, he could get a used NT (if desired) at that price range.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ah I missed the five part. Yeah it seems crazy. I only waited 6 weeks for my streamer but I guess that was just a paint job cause I wanted the blue.

Reaction score
Hey guys, little update.....well not much of an update because I am still waiting. In about 2 weeks it will be the 6 month mark. We built our house last year faster than this. Crazy!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My local luthier built me a bass by hand in three weeks. Just saying...

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
People is waiting 18 months for a Carl Thompson, so I guess this is not that bad...

Hang in there, buddy!

Reaction score
Hey guys hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!!!

Still no word on my team built lefty 5 string thumb. This is really starting to get aggravating. I just saw a post that the 2020 limited edition teambuilts that were just announced are well into production. I have been waiting 8 months now for a basic off the shelf thumb. What's up with this??? Does anyone have any inside connections at wick that could maybe look my bass up lol? My dealer keeps giving me the run around.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Mail personally to [email protected] demanding an explanation.
Also name and shame the dealer, Warwick does not want dealers giving customers the run around.

My educated guess is Warwick will come through pretty quickly.

Top Bottom