wenge / ovangkol

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can someone do me a favour and post or send me a pic of their ovangkol neck with wenge fingerboard closeup? Ive just ordered a custom wick and want a sneak peak at the contrast between the two woods.

My current streamer is wenge/wenge any my corvette is ovangkol/ebony.

Im just thinking about calling the shop to add an ebony fretboard to the spec....but on a fretted bass?

Anyway, an idea would be helpful. Cheers!

Reaction score
Ovangkol neck with Wenge board is pretty much the standard ingredient for many fretted Warwick basses. Check out Warwick.de or Warwickbass.com. :D

Reaction score
If you want contrast ... here's Florins XBASS with ebony fingerboard:

Reaction score
Ok,

where on earth did you get that picture, because I haven't seen it yet. Unless.......................unless...................

Patrik = Florin !!! :shock: Busted !!!

Or not ?? :lol:

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Ok,

where on earth did you get that picture, because I haven't seen it yet. Unless.......................unless...................

Patrik = Florin !!! :shock: Busted !!!

Or not ?? :lol:

The circle is closed and now I have to confess... Yes I'm Florin and i have guided you all through these rough tim.......

NOT...

Read the Xbass thread... lovely bass...

PS ...sorry for joking in your name flo...

Reaction score
Yeah,

haha !!! It was flooded with comments, so I missed the pictures. :lol: From the picture you posted, it looks like an Ebony board, but from the first picture Florin posted, it looks like a Wenge board. It's Wenge right ??

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
Yeah,

haha !!! It was flooded with comments, so I missed the pictures. :lol: From the picture you posted, it looks like an Ebony board, but from the first picture Florin posted, it looks like a Wenge board. It's Wenge right ??

Yepp wenge board. My bad. Looked dark...

Top Bottom